DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal tilt speed control?

tvleaker

Reactions
On all the other DJI Quads, there was a way to slow gimble tilt control all the way down to near 0 so any tilt would not be fast or jerky. I can't find that control anywhere. Anyone know if there is one? or do you just have to try and feather touch the tilt roller?

Can you drag it by pressing a finger to the view screen and then moving your finger up or down?
With the mini's fly app you can and the speed is determined by how far your finger moves (up or down) from the initial touch point.
I've had a movement of less the 3deg a second (31sec for 90deg) and I seen slower but achieving it detracts from watching the drone

Last edited by a moderator:
On all the other DJI Quads, there was a way to slow gimble tilt control all the way down to near 0 so any tilt would not be fast or jerky. I can't find that control anywhere. Anyone know if there is one? or do you just have to try and feather touch the tilt roller?
I guess that would work if the drone is stationary, but I like to back up and ascend and it takes both my index fingers.

It’s in the Fly App but disappears once connected to the aircraft. Hopefully DJI will turn it on in a future update.

Slade can you give the path to it please? I am not disagreeing with you I'd just love to find the beep beep.

Reactions: Slade
Slade can you give the path to it please? I am not disagreeing with you I'd just love to find the beep beep.
Sure. If you open the app on your phone — I use an iPhone 8+ — and go to Camera Settings you’ll see Advanced Gimbal Settings. That shows the Gimbal controls are available in the app. Just not yet for the drone. I’ve read that DJI is planning an upgrade this Fall and I, along with many others, are hoping DJI turns the Advanced Gimbal Settings ON. ??

Sure. If you open the app on your phone — I use an iPhone 8+ — and go to Camera Settings you’ll see Advanced Gimbal Settings. That shows the Gimbal controls are available in the app. Just not yet for the drone. I’ve read that DJI is planning an upgrade this Fall and I, along with many others, are hoping DJI turns the Advanced Gimbal Settings ON. ?? Oops. It’s under Control Settings, not Camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929