DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal tilts while turning

CraigVMN

Reactions
Hello. I just bought a used MA2 and when I took it up for the first time, I experienced a horizontal tilt in the gimbal while flying forward and turning. I calibrated the IMU & gimbal, and the setting is on follow me, not FPV. Any advise for a new owner?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its not what you want to hear but you need to return it .
One of the things we look for when purchasing a drone is the perfect horizon out of the box , and if it not perfect we don't try to adjust it we send it back.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.

Its not what you want to hear but you need to return it .
One of the things we look for when purchasing a drone is the perfect horizon out of the box , and if it not perfect we don't try to adjust it we send it back.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.
Unfortunately, I bought it used, so returning it isn't an option

Was it advertised "as is", or "parts only"? If not, the seller should have been honest with you and specified what was wrong with the drone, called the 'full disclosure' contract. If they won't accept a return, try the 'factory reset' option in the software. I also seem to recall seeing posts here about how to reset the horizon, do a search or maybe someone will pop in with the answer.

Was it advertised "as is", or "parts only"? If not, the seller should have been honest with you and specified what was wrong with the drone, called the 'full disclosure' contract. If they won't accept a return, try the 'factory reset' option in the software. I also seem to recall seeing posts here about how to reset the horizon, do a search or maybe someone will pop in with the answer.
When I asked if he experienced this problem, he said he hadn't. I read that there isn't a factory reset option fir the Air 2

Oh, you might be right. I'm using the Smart Controller, but the software should be the same I would think. I used it recently for my A2 for a similar problem. On mine, I couldn't see the horizon tilting when I was in the FPV mode. I found the factory reset option and it fixed that problem. Now both Follow Me and FPV work as advertised. T

Reactions: twickers14
Maybe send it to DJI and ask them how much will the repair cost.

I think Trippp is right. It’s in the settings. Perhaps worth a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4ok3u2zmo