DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal twitch

mavic53

Reactions
I have had this twitch on the three a couple of times. Is there a fix?

I don't have a solution, except to contact DJI support. See if they have any ideas. I wouldn't send it in for an expensive repair though, unless you have care refresh and want a new drone that doesn't do that. Sorry to see what's going on with your drone's camera. I hope it doesn't occur too often.

Do you have "FPV" mode enabled, rather than "follow" mode? Fpv mode locks the gimbal to the aircraft roll rather than keep the horizon level. Sideways flight while pointing the camera downwards could cause the camera to point out to the side a bit like your video demonstrates.

Do you have "FPV" mode enabled, rather than "follow" mode? Fpv mode locks the gimbal to the aircraft roll rather than keep the horizon level. Sideways flight while pointing the camera downwards could cause the camera to point out to the side a bit like your video demonstrates.
No I am sure not but will cycle through the settings as a precaution.

I have also seen this on my latest flights in the past month or so. I thought it was a gust of wind that caused the twitch, but I figure it's the same as in mavic53's video clip.

I have also seen this on my latest flights in the past month or so. I thought it was a gust of wind that caused the twitch, but I figure it's the same as in mavic53's video clip.
I was going sideways and it was windy so could be thanks

I was going sideways and it was windy so could be thanks
That sounds like a strong possibility. Recall tat gimbal roll is not symmetrical – one direction goes beyond 90° to accommodate vertical orientation, while the other direction only rolls 45° or thereabouts.

That sounds like a strong possibility. Recall tat gimbal roll is not symmetrical – one direction goes beyond 90° to accommodate vertical orientation, while the other direction only rolls 45° or thereabouts.
When the camera is pointed straight down the gimbal uses a different axis (ie what would normally be yaw) for compensating airframe roll and that axis has +/- 30deg. In sport mode the max airframe tilt is 40deg(fwd) and 35deg(backwards). Sideways tilt isn't specified but it is most likely more than the 30deg that the gimbal can compensate for. @mavic53 were you in S mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22