DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal twitch

Seyhan

Reactions
I just bought the mavic today and my first few flights have been in about 33kmh or 20mph winds. Ive been getting a weird little twitching in my videos dont know if its from strong wind or something wrong with my gimbal. Can anybody help me solve this?

Seyham I have something similar and have only flew mine about a dozen times so far .
Mine was sort of a up down up thing and did a camera calibration and it went away .
Now that might help you or maybe the wind was doing it but what I have seen with mine so far .
There are several threads in here on this but can't find them at this moment .

It is noticeable at 0.06, 0.32, 0.50.

.50 looked like you abruptly stopped moving forward. With active braking on, the reverse pitch of the airframe is too much for the gimbal to compensate and you get that twitch. I didn't notice direction or speed change on .06 or .32, but the gimbal does such a good job smoothing out platform movement, it may still have happend, but it just wasn't as noticeable as .50.

There have been numerous posts about the latest firmware increasing the amount of twitching, so that may be part of the equation as well. But, when I was flying, I found that slowly releasing the sticks made the twitching disappear. You can also reduce the gain or turn down the braking feature to see if that doesn't decrease the severity of the airframe movement when changing direction/speed.

I get this twitching or judder all the time too. It doesn't seem to happen when I'm not in sport mode unless I make an aggressive maneuver. But when I fly in sport mode, even just in a straight line with no maneuvers at all, the gimbal twitches like that every 10 seconds or so.

I wish I could confirm with mine, but alas, it's en route to Carson, CA to be repaired/replaced due to the compass interference issue. Once I get it back and a) I remember to check, b) I remember to update you, and c) I can still find this thread, I will let you know if mine does the same. :) Unfortunately, I updated the the latest firmware, made one flight, and then boxed it up to return to DJI.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest