DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Plate Broken

hl99

Reactions
I just got the Mavic Pro and had a small crash from 3 feet high. My gimbal now doesn't calibrate and camera image will not show up on the app. The camera points down once I start the Mavic. I compared what my gimbal looks like with pictures of the gimbal on google.

Seems like my gimbal vibration absorbing board is broken. See attached pic. Any know if this is broken or if it is necessary to replace this? I found a replacement on Amazon. Is it pretty easy to replace this?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9030.JPG
    IMG_9030.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Yes, the drop clip on your board is broken. Our Service Center of DJI Certified Repair Technicians would have this replacement part in stock and could turn the repair around within 1 day of receiving the aircraft – [email protected]

As above, its easily fixed.
I noticed the ribbon cable is out of alignment, does the gimbal still work. (you said it will not calibrate)

I found a replacement on Amazon. Is it pretty easy to replace this?

BTW OP, it's not an easy repair, but not impossible as a DIY. You have to take off the top cover of the Mavic which sometimes takes a little wrestling, then remove 3 screws from the top of the gimbal control, board, remove 2 screws holding in the L bracket, then reverse the process. All you really need is the L bracket, not the whole gimbal board.

I just got the Mavic Pro and had a small crash from 3 feet high. My gimbal now doesn't calibrate and camera image will not show up on the app. The camera points down once I start the Mavic. I compared what my gimbal looks like with pictures of the gimbal on google.

Seems like my gimbal vibration absorbing board is broken. See attached pic. Any know if this is broken or if it is necessary to replace this? I found a replacement on Amazon. Is it pretty easy to replace this?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I did the same thing...ordered parts and tool kit on amazon...waiting in them to atrive now.. I hope my repairs work out… I've already spent so much money on these things I cant afford much more but I'm starting to get addicted to them...I have the phantom four pro … Mavic pro and the spark... trying to get good at this and maybe go commercial with next one...

I did the same thing...ordered parts and tool kit on amazon...waiting in them to atrive now.. I hope my repairs work out… I've already spent so much money on these things I cant afford much more but I'm starting to get addicted to them...I have the phantom four pro … Mavic pro and the spark... trying to get good at this and maybe go commercial with next one...
Did you get it repaired with relative ease? Run into any problems? I ordered my part and it comes tomorrow!

I bought mine used with a damaged Vibration board and Ribbon. Waiting on amazon delivery and then mine will be going under the knife for repair.

I bought mine used with a damaged Vibration board and Ribbon. Waiting on amazon delivery and then mine will be going under the knife for repair.
I repaired my ribbon cable and put a new anti drop hook on. Was quite tedious but doable. Just be patient with it you can do it

I repaired my ribbon cable and put a new anti drop hook on. Was quite tedious but doable. Just be patient with it you can do it
Thanks, fixacrash was the video I watched. Let me know if there’s any better tutorials out there please my parts arrive tomorrow.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98