DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal was broken now it's not? Fixed itself?

Krillz

Reactions
A couple weeks ago my gimbal was acting up. It wouldn't calibrate correctly and was giving me odd noises. No physical damage no crashes. It pretty much had a mind of its own and was moving in different directions amd was unusable. Well I was about to send it in to repair so I powered it on one last time and it worked. Video is perfect is fine and calibrates fine. I'm about to go on a big vacation I just would hate to see it break again? Any advice?

A couple weeks ago my gimbal was acting up. It wouldn't calibrate correctly and was giving me odd noises. No physical damage no crashes. It pretty much had a mind of its own and was moving in different directions amd was unusable. Well I was about to send it in to repair so I powered it on one last time and it worked. Video is perfect is fine and calibrates fine. I'm about to go on a big vacation I just would hate to see it break again? Any advice?
A intermittent gimbal is never a good thing because it gives doubt.
I would fly the aircraft a few times first to see if the problem arises again.
If not? You should be ok. If so,? Well, you know what to do.

Reactions: Krillz
I had the opposite experience. After several weeks of flying with no problems I started it up one morning and the video was un-usable. Turns out my Tab A ran an automatic update that installed the infamous 4.1.18 version of Go 4. I had to rollback to .15 and turn off auto-updates and it has been great since. It is possible, however unlikely, that one update messed up your gimbal and a subsequent update fixed it. Would you know if the Go 4 versions have changed?

In any case I would suggest that if you haven't already, turn off auto-updates on your device so you can decide when, or if, to update.

Reactions: Krillz
Thanks for the advice. I will fly with caution for now and hopefully it works. I'm not sure if it auto updated, I have manual updates set so I don't think that's the answer. Maybe somehow i updated on accident and messed with it. It was just weird because I flew one day perfectly fine then the next the gimbal went all wonky, no crashes or hard landings.

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas