DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal wobble

Anyone else notice their video has some shake to it? I see it when theres any sort of movement.

I don't have my MM yet, but I have seen two other YouTube videos with the same wobble. Both were taken in sub zero conditions. I'm assuming yours was too? One of these two youtubers showed another video from the same drone in warmer temperatures and the wobble disappeared. My guess is that the rubber dampners in the gimbal lose their flexibility in colder weather.

I don't have my MM yet, but I have seen two other YouTube videos with the same wobble. Both were taken in sub zero conditions. I'm assuming yours was too? One of these two youtubers showed another video from the same drone in warmer temperatures and the wobble disappeared. My guess is that the rubber dampners in the gimbal lose their flexibility in colder weather.
It’s about 33F. Feels like is more around 22. I was just reading elsewhere about this. So hopefully it’s just that.

Has anyone else noticed this a lot in the colder flights? I'm wondering if there is a softer rubber that we can use for the gimbal mounts as this rubber is clearly not cut out for the cold weather

I think my video shows this problem quite clearly.

So no wobble like mine at all?
Hmmk
Just had 3 flights (total flight time approx 68min ) it’s 4 deg C here, no issues to date.
Nothing, it was rock steady, I’m out again tomorrow as I’m trying to burn through batteries to test a couple of battery Powerbanks, plus I have a new scandisk card, will let you know.

I flew two flights today in about 1-3°C and had no wobble at all, completely steady video recording.

Nope no filters at all. I did another flight with no issue. It's a bit odd. If the weather is okay tomorrow I'll try and do 2 batts back to back and see if / when it starts. It was literally freezing this morning though so might have had an impact

Hey!

To all people having the gimball wobbles/jello effects, check out if the front blades hit the drones front frame during strong winds/quick movements. I dont have SD card in my drone yet, so i cant confirm if thats the reason, but it certainly shakes a drone a lot. The whole right left arm of my drone was shaking like crazy in some conditions. The blades also left black marking to my drones body. I also got one "Right front motor error" during midflight because of the vibration. The drone did this right from the first flight.

I swapped the right front blades to a new ones that came in the Fly More set and now the drone is dead silent in the air when compared to the "out of the box" experience. Also no more leg vibrations. I think the blades must have been bent when they were taped together in the factory for the duration of the shipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom