DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Yaw Adjustment (FPV is Crooked)

nullgel

Reactions
Is there any way to adjust the gimbal's yaw? I only see a roll adjustment.

I have a support inquiry open with DJI, but I figured it might be worth asking here as well. Since receiving my Mavic, the gimbal has always pointed approximately 3.5 degrees to the left when powered on (flying or not). From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with the gimbal assembly, otherwise.

It hasn't completely grounded me, but I have had to be extra careful and remind myself that the gimbal is crooked when flying so as not to slowly run myself into something to the right.

Things I have tried:
- Gimbal calibration (duh)
- Forward sensor calibration
- Joystick calibration

Attachments

• IMG_20161214_192850.jpg
    IMG_20161214_192850.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 98
I am having this same problem. I haven't reached out to DJI though. Will you let me know what they say please?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: nullgel
Is there any way to adjust the gimbal's yaw? I only see a roll adjustment.

I have a support inquiry open with DJI, but I figured it might be worth asking here as well. Since receiving my Mavic, the gimbal has always pointed approximately 3.5 degrees to the left when powered on (flying or not). From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with the gimbal assembly, otherwise.

It hasn't completely grounded me, but I have had to be extra careful and remind myself that the gimbal is crooked when flying so as not to slowly run myself into something to the right.

Things I have tried:
- Gimbal calibration (duh)
- Forward sensor calibration
- Joystick calibration
Have you considered trying a IMU calibration as well? The IMU has effect on gimbal alignment and stabilization.
Also be sure the gimbal is seated correctly within the cradle and it's mounts on the absorbing board.
Good Luck. BB..

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks for the suggestion. Are we supposed to remove the props when doing an IMU calibration? The instructions in the app say "yes" but the pictures show the props still on. Seems like that might make a slight difference.

Here's how DJI recommends the IMU calibration be done:

I tried the IMU calibration (with props on and off) but the issue remains. It's been almost a week and DJI has not responded to my inquiry. I will update if that changes.

After some troubleshooting with DJI, they want me to send it in for repair. :/

I had a problem that seemed related to the above. I appreciate the directions above, so I tried them. What the Mavic thinks is a horizontal image still fails. While moving full stick forward, yaw turning to the right it seems ok, but it still fails after a yaw turn to the left. I have attached a photo after recalibrating IMU. The photo is after it returned to straight-forward flight following a left turn.

The image skew seems to gradually try to correct itself with continued forward flight.

To add full disclosure to the story, it all seems to have arisen after it slammed itself into the side of my metal barn (true: not operator error) and broke the gimbal plate. Because I did not have (or know about) DJI Care, and the lack of parts, I replaced the broken plate with an aftermarket aluminum plate.

Is there any hope to get this problem corrected?

Attachments

• Horizontal.jpg
    Horizontal.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member