DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimball cover

TedShred

Reactions
I've been reading that the stock ones are a pain to get on and off.
Should I order an aftermarket one when I order of M2pro?
Any suggestions for a better one?

I'm using the SunnyLife gimbal cover. It's easier to attach and it does not slide along the camera when installing it.

1549814357062.png

Should you buy one now? Well, you could wait and see how you like the stock gimbal cover.

Do a search on E-bay for this one:
"Sunnylife Gimbal Lock Lens Cover Camera Protector Cap for DJI Mavic 2 Pro"

I have one for my Zoom and love it !!
VERY EASY to put on and take off.

Reactions: Hardgainer
The link takes you to Helistar brand
"Helistar" is just the name of the Amazon seller. Note the "SunnyLife" brand name on the product:

1549896972881.png

There are many sellers on Amazon selling this product in different listings.

Either one is good, I had no issues putting on the stock cover but read many positive reviews with the SunnyLife gimbo cover. Recently purchased the SunnyLife cover, I like the fact it’s a single piece cover and do like it and appearance is great. Both are good covers, SunnyLife is inexpensive, can’t go wrong if you get one.

Paul

Keep in mind that with the aftermarket cover shown above, while better than the OEM cover, it still allows the gimbal to bounce around and scratch - you need to modify it with some foam tape or similar if you want a snug, scratch-free fit.

I feel very fine using the stock cover, I never had any difficulty using it... Though I see there are lots of people getting 3rd party covers... I would tell you to wait your mav 2 and see how you feel about it...

Reactions: Torcan
Keep in mind that with the aftermarket cover shown above, while better than the OEM cover, it still allows the gimbal to bounce around and scratch - you need to modify it with some foam tape or similar if you want a snug, scratch-free fit.

Mine doesn’t. No modification required.

What I don't understand is how it can hold the gimbal head completely secure without actually touching the gimbal head at all - plastic on plastic means scratches are possible. The ones I've seen need modification for a perfectly secure, scratch-free fit.

I use the standard one, its no problem to fit. I have put some clear sellotape on the part that fits to the top of the camera, that way it does n't scratch.

The gimble cover and the standard DJI bag have always been like Marmite, you either love them or hate them.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett