DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimball Swinging, Overload out of nowhere?

Reactions
Hey everyone,

I own a Mavic pro and it's been less than a month, no crashes, always covered gimbal, no drops, nothing NOTHING, no hard landing.

AND
I took a video and some pictures this morning and everything was fine, then I go to do my real estate job...

I put the drone on the ground, start it up and bam GIMBAL OVERLOAD.... camera keeps swinging back and forth nonstop...
Please check the video, any ideas?

<iframe src="IMG_9926 from Mike Tyson on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">IMG_9926</a> from <a href="Mike Tyson">Mike Tyson</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Not sure what the motorcycle loud noise in the video is, but it's not from the drone. fyi .

Last edited:
interference (between the recording device and craft) is the sound [edit} caused by the overloaded error more than likely
guessing your gimbal assembly is shot

interference (between the recording device and craft) is the sound [edit} caused by the overloaded error more than likely
guessing your gimbal assembly is shot

I am very confused about your comment.
What sound are you talking about?
and how do you know that my gimbal is gone?

Reactions: DJ White
The major active components of the gimbal are:
The camera Lens unit
The camera image transmission cable
The gimbal three axis motor assembly
The gimbal motor control ribbon
The camera/gimbal control board
And of course the gimbal frame.

I don't believe it's the lens, transmission cable, or even the motor assembly. My guess is it's either the control board or the gimbal motor control ribbon. If you are so inclined, you can purchase these components on eBay/Amazon. I'd try the cheapest option first. Or throw money at someone else to fix it.

Before you do anything, recalibrate the gimbal.

Reactions: SpinItUp
The camera Lens unit

I don't believe it's the lens, transmission cable, or even the motor assembly. My guess is it's either the control board or the gimbal motor control ribbon. If you are so inclined, you can purchase these components on eBay/Amazon. I'd try the cheapest option first. Or throw money at someone else to fix it.

It won’t go past 5 percent

The camera Lens unit

What I don't understand is that how I was able to fly and record a beautiful video 1 hour before ? and then i packed it, again, carefully and went to take pics and that happens?

The error will be sending a FAULTY signal and your recording is picking this up
The gimbal certainly is the 1st port of call to be looked at. The cable or the whole assembly needs inspection/replacing
I still see picture, gimbla just swings like it's at a kids park
What I don't understand is that how I was able to fly and record a beautiful video 1 hour before ? and then i packed it, again, carefully and went to take pics and that happens?

I still see picture, gimbla just swings like it's at a kids park
I had a similar thing happen. Took a time lapse set of shots, landed, changed battery, rebooted... camera would not focus anymore. So I bought a new gimbal and installed it myself. It's weird that it should just fail all at once!

So calibration does not work. There has to be feedback from the gimbal to the control board as to the rotational location of the gimbal. It obviously can't find it. That's why I suspected the cable or the board.

I had a similar thing happen. Took a time lapse set of shots, landed, changed battery, rebooted... camera would not focus anymore. So I bought a new gimbal and installed it myself. It's weird that it should just fail all at once!

So calibration does not work. There has to be feedback from the gimbal to the control board as to the rotational location of the gimbal. It obviously can't find it. That's why I suspected the cable or the board.

Nope it doesn’t work. I just bought it about 25 days ago.
It should be under dji basic warranty for 1 year so hopefully they will fix it for free or I’ll be really xxxxxx cos that’s not fair

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Nope it doesn’t work. I just bought it about 25 days ago.
It should be under dji basic warranty for 1 year so hopefully they will fix it for free or I’ll be really xxxxxx cos that’s not fair
They should react in a positive fashion. However they will send you either a new or refurbished drone and not yours with a repair.

They should react in a positive fashion. However they will send you either a new or refurbished drone and not yours with a repair.
I hope so and i heard sometimes it takes a month and a half, I am an impatient person I hope it won’t be that long

Hey everyone,

I own a Mavic pro and it's been less than a month, no crashes, always covered gimbal, no drops, nothing NOTHING, no hard landing.

AND
I took a video and some pictures this morning and everything was fine, then I go to do my real estate job...

I put the drone on the ground, start it up and bam GIMBAL OVERLOAD.... camera keeps swinging back and forth nonstop...
Please check the video, any ideas?

<iframe src="IMG_9926 from Mike Tyson on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">IMG_9926</a> from <a href="Mike Tyson">Mike Tyson</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>
I’m having the same issue right now which is weird we are having like the same exact thing at the same time. Anyway that noise you are hearing is the ultrasonic sensor. The noise is out of our hearing range but it affects microphones.

My experience was 8 days from filing to receipt of a working drone, and I filed my claim on a Sunday.
That’s not bad at all! I hope mine will be about the same time range! I heard people waiting almost 2 months but I think they were waiting for back orders
What form did you fill out? Do I have to speak to them before I send it?

That’s not bad at all! I hope mine will be about the same time range! I heard people waiting almost 2 months but I think they were waiting for back orders
What form did you fill out? Do I have to speak to them before I send it?
Scroll down a bit on this linked page for the how to file a claim and contact.

This is mostly talking about dji care
I didnt buy dji care warranty
But I should be within 1 year limited warranty

When you send the drone in for a fix? Do you send the drone only ? or the whole package you purchased? battery, charger, etc.

I bought it from walmart on 7/6/2018 so it's brand new like with 1 hour and 30 mins flight time on it. It's just ridiculous. They better not try and charge me money under the 1 year warranty.

When you send the drone in for a fix? Do you send the drone only ? or the whole package you purchased? battery, charger, etc.

I bought it from walmart on 7/6/2018 so it's brand new like with 1 hour and 30 mins flight time on it. It's just ridiculous. They better not try and charge me money under the 1 year warranty.
Assuming you meant 7/6/2019...Might try to exchange at WM.
DJI will tel you what to send. Be sure to remove any added SD cards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty