DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbel off centre.

diggadon

Reactions
hello to all drone piolits. would any 1 no the answer? ive replaced the video cable in my m2z so have dismantled the gimble and install cable and then assemble gimble and attache to drone now every time i boot up the ac the camera does its thing but will not go back to centre it goes to about 30% off to the right but in the same spot every time. camera and motors all work fine just need to no if this can be reset some how? and yes i have set it back to centre with callibration settings in the go4 app but will not set ther. every time i pan the camera down with the small stik it goes straight back to the same spot which is about 30% off centre seen in photo attached. Any answers to this problem would b much appreciated
kinds regards DIGGADON

Attachments

• IMG_20190818_122010.jpg
    IMG_20190818_122010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
hello to all drone piolits. would any 1 no the answer? ive replaced the video cable in my m2z so have dismantled the gimble and install cable and then assemble gimble and attache to drone now every time i boot up the ac the camera does its thing but will not go back to centre it goes to about 30% off to the right but in the same spot every time. camera and motors all work fine just need to no if this can be reset some how? and yes i have set it back to centre with callibration settings in the go4 app but will not set ther. every time i pan the camera down with the small stik it goes straight back to the same spot which is about 30% off centre seen in photo attached. Any answers to this problem would b much appreciated
kinds regards DIGGADON
I will ask - why did you dismantle the gimbal? Did the drone crash or have some other problems? Maybe the new cable is damaged or defective?

This came from slack in general info if you need to research itScreenshot_20190818-023910_Slack.jpeg

I will ask - why did you dismantle the gimbal? Did the drone crash or have some other problems? Maybe the new cable is damaged or defective?
yes i had a minor crash and the camera bracket had come off the gimble it self dammagin both ribbon cable and the video cable ( camera bracket looked as if only held on by glue. not a very good design as very weak) i had to dismantle the gimble as both cables run through the centre of gimble itself. no damage to cables as camera and gimble motors are all working perfectly. it is as if the centre home piont has moved round about 30 % so w as hoping ther was some sort of reset programme or something to re position the centre home piont. as it was it still wasnt a cheap fix as those cables are expensive so was very carefull when installing them

yes i had a minor crash and the camera bracket had come off the gimble it self dammagin both ribbon cable and the video cable ( camera bracket looked as if only held on by glue. not a very good design as very weak) i had to dismantle the gimble as both cables run through the centre of gimble itself. no damage to cables as camera and gimble motors are all working perfectly. it is as if the centre home piont has moved round about 30 % so w as hoping ther was some sort of reset programme or something to re position the centre home piont. as it was it still wasnt a cheap fix as those cables are expensive so was very carefull when installing them
It sounds as if there might be some solution mentioned in the post above with "pictures" of a dialog.

kinds regards DIGGADON
Have you tried swiping left or right on you DJI Go 4 App ?
These gimbals can can pan left and right .

I have no explanation as to why it is off center .
With the entire unit powered up , minus motors, try swiping left or right on the screen .

If you get the full range of left and right travel, all is well .
If the gimbal passes this test just center the gimbal using the same method .
Slide your finger to the center until you are happy with the position .

I just repaired M2z gimbal and experienced the same thing .
It took a few seconds but I was able to center the little booger right up .

No intent to insult just offering up a little experience .

Hi. I have the same problem as you, but the camera is shot about 30% left. It has also been changed gimbal axis.I don't know what to do about it and how to calibrate it from the center.

Have you tried swiping left or right on you DJI Go 4 App ?
These gimbals can can pan left and right .

I have no explanation as to why it is off center .
With the entire unit powered up , minus motors, try swiping left or right on the screen .

If you get the full range of left and right travel, all is well .
If the gimbal passes this test just center the gimbal using the same method .
Slide your finger to the center until you are happy with the position .

I just repaired M2z gimbal and experienced the same thing .
It took a few seconds but I was able to center the little booger right up .

No intent to insult just offering up a little experience .
Does gimbal pan setting get retained between AC restart? For OP, it's skewed even right after power on and gimbal POST.

kinds regards DIGGADON

I have seen gimbals on DJI products have a hard time finding center due to a need for a compass calibration .
Although it was an extreme case ( customer placed drone next to a 15 inch car speaker after a crash ) .

The speaker magnet threw the drone's compass so far out of calibration that I had to degauss the compass .
Once the compass was degaussed, I was able to perform a compass calibration and the gimbal regained center upon air craft reboot .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3