DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble Issues

wanderrich

Reactions
Has anyone else had gimble problems? Flying this weekend I received a gimble motor overload warning. I am assuming the gimble motors were working too hard to maintain position due to high winds. After landing and resetting the drone, the gimble returned to full functionality but then on a second flight a few miles away, the gimble stopped responding again and was pointing as high as possible....under full throttle I could see directly in front of me but again, couldnt control the gimble manually at all. I had it set on FPV and the extended range was set to off.

If you are flying in high winds and you are also on sport mode you will get this warning. I shut everything down and restart and I'm back in business with no issues- When in doubt restart every thing

I do not know about the "Air", but sometimes an ND filter will cause problems.

It wasnt in sport mode and I did get a wind warning....Im trying to review the flight log info but may have to wait till I get home to see what exactly happened....I also didnt have a filter on. In any case, the gimble became totally unresponsive and seemed to be stuck in the max upward tilt....

I have had this happen also.
When I recalibrate the gimbal it gets stuck on 80%-89% and bounces backwards and forwards between the two numbers and will not complete.
Have to shut everything down and start again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag