DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble Issues

Grayzer

Reactions
Hi,
Recently purchased a second hand Mavic Pro. Its has been working well but a minor crash, with no physical signs of damage, has left me with Gimble Issues.
The screen tells me the 'gimble is too heavy'
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi,
Recently purchased a second hand Mavic Pro. Its has been working well but a minor crash, with no physical signs of damage, has left me with Gimble Issues.
The screen tells me the 'gimble is too heavy'
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Information you provide is too vague. Do you still receive a video feed, w/o cover? Most likely, the gimbal ribbon was damaged if you still receive a video signal. It is a very tedious repair, but the part can be purchased for <10USD. Document and photo all your disassembly...GL

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I still receive video but I cant control the gimble.
It tells me to 'remove the clamp' 'gimble too heavy'.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I still receive video but I cant control the gimble.
It tells me to 'remove the clamp' 'gimble too heavy'.

The gimbal is the most complex component, by a long way, on the MpRo. It is self contained, but then connects, via the anti-shock mount, to a sub-board that also controls (receives) the obstacle avoidance data. If all of the problems that Go4 reports are "gimbal heavy" ....etc...you will be fine. If multiple errors are "L/R obstacle avoidance error"....or black screen video....it will require a full rebuild.

Unless you are familiar with modern day circuitry repair, IMHO pay the local labor fee, and the part. Flexible circuits are not easy to replace.

Best of luck,and better outcome!

The gimbal is the most complex component, by a long way, on the MpRo. It is self contained, but then connects, via the anti-shock mount, to a sub-board that also controls (receives) the obstacle avoidance data. If all of the problems that Go4 reports are "gimbal heavy" ....etc...you will be fine. If multiple errors are "L/R obstacle avoidance error"....or black screen video....it will require a full rebuild.

Unless you are familiar with modern day circuitry repair, IMHO pay the local labor fee, and the part. Flexible circuits are not easy to replace.

Best of luck,and better outcome!

Dronerepairs.com do fantastic work. You're most likely looking at a Benjamin, to get your AC running again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE