DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble motor overload message on startup Mavic Pro on android

nlco6574

Reactions
I had a serious crash, the gimble was heavily damaged. After the repair I get on start up after. Since then I get a gimble motor overload at the start-up on my Android BT 300 and also on my Android telephone. The message appears for a few seconds and everything works fine. Now the strange thing is when I use my iPhone or iPad I don’t get the message at all. Anyone have the same experience?

Try a FirmWare reinstall or software reinstall more likely as it's only with android.
It crashed using android, did it?

Yes it crashed using android. The broken gimble has been replaced by a new one and after the repair the message comes up everytime the Mavic starts up. I installed DJIGo 4 on my android phone and connected that to the RC with the same result. So a clean install on a different android device gives the same result

Reinstalled the firmware of the Mavic. Connected it to the android phone and no message came up. Tried it with my BT300 and the message was still there. Also reinstalled the DJIGO4 software on the BT300 but the message is still there.....

I get it occasionally during initialization even with a perfectly fine working Mavic. I would just ignore it unless there are visible issues.

Firmware has nothing to do with it.

Can anyone tell me why every Mavic seems to have a difrent set of movements during initialisation. The gimble is changed 2 times because we thought there was an issue with the first gimble as the message came up. Replaced the gimble with another one and the message was still there. Both gimble had totally different movements.
The question is when I ignore the message and fly with my BT300 will I get problems with controlling the Mavic?

Gimbal of course has nothing to do with flight or control.

If there is really a problem it would be visible image defects (vibration, jerky camera movements etc...)

Did a test flight yesterday with my iPhone attached and it was a perfect flight. No problems with the camera what so ever. All seems fine. after initialization the camera looks perfectly straight forward.

All good then. It's usually simply the gimbal binding or rubbing slightly at some point during init, which may never be reached in normal use.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots