DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble overload issue just hit me.

vizzo

Reactions
9 months the unit worked perfect, never crashed it or even came close to it. No hard landings at all. Fired her up today to go fly and i hear this clanking sound the camera is hitting the the body of the mavic. Looked it up online and there are many of these issues online. I see a video that shows you if you tilt the mavic to the right during startup the gimble will fire up. That works no overload but when I try to calibrate it it sticks at 73% and says failed calibration. It will not set the gimble up if I start up on a flat surface. There is no debris and the gimble moves smooth and free powered down. I am going to call helidirect monday to see if they will do anything. If they will not I guess it needs to go back to DJI for repair.

9 months the unit worked perfect, never crashed it or even came close to it. No hard landings at all. Fired her up today to go fly and i hear this clanking sound the camera is hitting the the body of the mavic. Looked it up online and there are many of these issues online. I see a video that shows you if you tilt the mavic to the right during startup the gimble will fire up. That works no overload but when I try to calibrate it it sticks at 73% and says failed calibration. It will not set the gimble up if I start up on a flat surface. There is no debris and the gimble moves smooth and free powered down. I am going to call helidirect monday to see if they will do anything. If they will not I guess it needs to go back to DJI for repair.

Sounds like you’ve done the research but just in case, I’ve read that the IMU is the cause in some cases.

Apparently when the IMU is defective, tilting the drone can sometimes fool the unit into thinking it’s upright. Try calibrating the IMU. If that passes, calibrate the compass. And updatingbto the most current firmware is always suggested.

FYI

I once had a cheap drone with an IMU issue that resulted from a crash. After several failed attempts at repair, I simply smacked the thing against the table and voila, flew like new out of the box LMBO.

Don’t try that on the Mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580