DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble problem..

Flyhighsky

Reactions
I had a baaaddd day the other day :( Was flying my mini and struck a tree limb. The Mini tumbled and hit the road on a side street from where i was flying. The camera was still operating and i could see the cars zoom by on the camera and all of a sudden the skies opened up! I mean it POURED! I managed to get the "find my drone" to work but still couldn't locate it. I was out there for ten minutes,EVERYTHING got soaked..the controller started to go all cattiwumpus on me and the tablet got drenched and fogged up,so feeling defeated I went into the house. My brother looked at the tablet and the gps/find me was still up and said "it looks like its just across the street!" Anyway..I found the drone.the top/front corner was pushed in a tad but I got it to pop out. I used a heat gun on low and dried everything out. So now everything works (minor scuff on the nose of the mini) it flies fine but now the tablet says "gimbal stuck" When I boot up and watch the camera it does its rotating/up/down/turn thing looks like its operating but the videos show camera on an angle..ideas? also tablet says gimbal stuck.

Jim

Check if the rubber mounts holding the gimbal in place haven't come loose, there are 4 of them.
Is the gimbal pushed back in and up into the housing ?

Also check to see if you can see where the binding occurs, is the gimbal hitting any points.

Try a gimbal calibration in DJI Fly and make sure your in follow mode which keeps the camera horizon level

Last edited:
Check if the rubber mounts holding the gimbal in place haven't come loose, there are 4 of them.
Is the gimbal pushed back in and up into the housing ?

Also check to see if you can see where the binding occurs, is the gimbal hitting any points.

Try a gimbal calibration in DJI Fly and make sure your in follow mode which keeps the camera horizon level

When looking at the gimbal the camera is tilted down and to the left. All the rubber mounts are in place,nothing looks to be pushed back,nothing seems to be binding..I'll try the calibration thing. Thanks for the replies!

Jim

I just tried to do a gimbal calibration..went I tapped on "auto" nothing happened and I couldn't get out of the screen...frustrated now.

Jim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike