DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glasses/contacts-DJI or other grand

Hayabusa

Reactions
Hi all,

I have the standard DJI goggles which Inuse with my Mavic. I’ve finally got it where it’s pretty clear with my very bad vision. With glasses.
Im getting into freestyle drones and looking at other goggles or can you hook up the DJI goggles to other radios? Via the hdmi cable? Im an idiot to tech stuff.
If not then my next question is that on let’s say the fatshark goggles. Are there 2 separate screens or 1 screen? I ask because I’m currently using mono focal contacts (1fir close and 1 eye for far.) I’m wondering if that would be an issue if looking through 2 lenses/screens. I’m afraid to drop the money and not know.
I appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Mike

Depends. Do you have the white DJI goggles? If so then you will need a different goggle for race drones. If you have the slightly newer black DJI googles then it has builtin race drone receivers. DJI also just recently released a video system for race drones that include the drone's receiver and transmitter, camera, remote control, and goggles. It is a high quality video system that gives great video unlike the standard race drone transmitters and cameras. But with high quality comes high prices (it is DJI after all) and everything needs to be used as a set.

Fatshark has a set of goggles that may work for you. Single 4 inch display, inexpensive and has built in diversity. Fatshark Scout.

Hello there, I wear contacts and have DJI goggles as well. I don't have this but read in many places of people who ordered on Amazon the DJI corrective lenses and it worked really well.
I'm thinking to order a pair to myself soon. Pricing is very reasonable, about $35 for the pair depending how strong (+2)

Also you can find YT videos about it

Yes, I have the white goggles with corrective lenses. I have those dialed in with my glasses. My issue is if I do get the smaller binocular style goggles like fat sharks and have to wear contacts, would mono vision contacts work or is it the same as the DJI goggles?

Yes, I have the white goggles with corrective lenses. I have those dialed in with my glasses. My issue is if I do get the smaller binocular style goggles like fat sharks and have to wear contacts, would mono vision contacts work or is it the same as the DJI goggles?
I know you can ware glasses (modern, not the huge style from the 80's that seem to be making a comeback, akk!). I've never been able to ware contacts so I have to leave that to others who have the answer.

Last edited:
I did monocular vision contacts for years, but never flew with them. My suggestion is look for the “hood” type visors instead of Fat Shark binocs because like the DJI you have they use one large screen instead of two. Another caution is if you do go with binocs make sure they have an IPD adjustment (inter pupillary distance), otherwise you’ll squint out of one good eye while you sweat in the other.
Don’t ask me how I know..........

Jake

I’m trying the multi-vision this week. I really would like to try the small goggle type like fat sharks, sky’s etc...
Unfortunately I can’t find anywhere near me that I can try/test 1st.
If I ordered on amazon and just put on to see if I can see clearly, could I return if not satisfied?
Thanks
Mike

Mono vision contacts means you wear a "close-up" contact in one eye, for reading, and a regular lens in the other eye for distance. I just use a strone pair of reading glasses with my goggles. I think dji recomments +1 stronger than the reading glasses that you normally use.

Still haven’t received my trial multi vision contacts. Don’t want to buy additional goggles till I do. But was thinking, do the DJI race edition goggles work with any other drone or Rc? I’m building a fpv free style drone as well as putting an fpv camera in my Traxxas Rustler Rc car. WS wondering if the race editions would work with those or am I better off with something else. I would prefer just one pair. I can use my glasses with my DJI goggles and assume there about the same. I could sell mine (perfect) and get the race editions if they would do all 3. Mavic, freestyle drone and Rc car.
Thanks for any advise
Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato