DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Gleniffer Braes

Chilly,
Is 1:23 an ancient fort?
Nice video.
Does any one else think that the through the trees bit at 0:37 is a bit unusual, in that you have a distinctly blue sea. I noticed a few years ago that sea, hills and snow tend to lead to black and white style images, both to the eye and camera.

The "fort" is a 15th century castle that now stands in the middle of a reservoir:

The black and white style at 0:37 is interesting. I've checked the histogram of the clip and it's a very, very high dynamic range shot. There's two peaks in the histogram; one close to the right for the snow and the other at the left for the shadows. The peak on the right looks to have some clipping - all colour in the shadows will be lost as this is just black.

It's a limitation of a 8 bit camera with that kind of scene. You either clip the whites or crush the blacks. This was taken with the Mini 2 (I was on a run and it's fits nice in my running pack). The 10 bit of the Mavic 2 Pro may have faired better.

Chilly,
Is 1:23 an ancient fort?
Nice video.
Does any one else think that the through the trees bit at 0:37 is a bit unusual, in that you have a distinctly blue sea. I noticed a few years ago that sea, hills and snow tend to lead to black and white style images, both to the eye and camera.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143