DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO-4 4.1.18 on Android again - options

Muppet With A Chopper

Reactions
OK, used to be able to fly my Mavic and use my Sony Experia XZ phone as the monitor IF, I turned off Cache to Device and ran in Airplane mode. 4.0.___ versions of the app.
Stopped updating because it was working.

Lost my original craft (unit failure) and got a new replacement.
It came loaded with newer firmware and it required that I update my App to suit....

Loaded up GO-4 4.1.18 (first version) ..... total failure of the downlink vision, back to pixelated unusable vision.
Unable to film or fly by the screen at all.
** I'm not buying another device, please don't suggest that I do.
I have a Samsung Tab A here, but I've seen on other threads these won't work either

DO I - - -

A/ Try the latest weak attempt by DJI to fix this horrid app (forth patch in 2 weeks)
B/ Turn of security of my phone to download a pirate version of the older GO-4 app (& put my phone at risk)
C/ Forget about any warranty on the new craft completely, cut all ties with DJI and buy Litchi

Well forgive me if I was unable to view the above info, I'm not a programmer.

I don't trust DJI themselves, to be honest, but the app is already here data mining my phone, what the F, they may as well take control anyway.

Guess I have no choice if I want to use the drone.

It's simply a copy of an older version of the app from Play Store, just making a copy of an official app and setting it aside doesn't make it insecure or pirate. (When you install directly from PS, all it does it downloads an APK file.) That the file hasn't been tempered with, can be verified by signatures.

FAQ - APKMirror

It's simply a copy of an older version of the app from Play Store, just making a copy of an official app and setting it aside doesn't make it insecure or pirate. (When you install directly from PS, all it does it downloads an APK file.) That the file hasn't been tempered with, can be verified by signatures.

FAQ - APKMirror

Thanks for the info. Makes me much less worried.
I've got a drone I can't fly due to the app, I'm sure you can understand why I wasn't keen on compromising my phone as well.

I'll be doing this tonight.

Downgraded from .18 with Dumbledore.

Oh boy... :D

JdskrNi.jpg

Reactions: Simmo
Thanks for the info. Makes me much less worried.
I've got a drone I can't fly due to the app, I'm sure you can understand I'm keen on compromising my phone as well.

I'll be doing this tonight.

You'll be happy you did. The transformation from pain (4.1.18) to non-stop smiling (4.1.15) takes just a minute, and will make you wonder, "why didn't I do this earlier?!"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest