DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 and Android 8 final

gnirtS

Reactions
Now that Android 8 (Oreo) final has been released to devices and in use i thought i'd test it with the latest DJI Go 4.

The good news is it seems to work exactly as before. No behaviour differences, no lag. It "just works".

One thing that might be useful is 8.0 allows you to restrict background activity of apps which might prevent the thing draining battery long after its been used and closed so worth a try.

So anyone worried about updating to the newer version you probably shouldnt be - it works fine on my 5X.

Hmm My Pixel XL just updated to 8.0 and the app says connected, when I enter device there is no video and says not connected.

.0 releases are called gold masters. They are presumed to be bug free. Presumed. They cannot guarantee all the bugs are worked out and we are talking about Android here. That's what brings the word beta to mind. Hey man, your right though, it's your drone. Thanks for testing it out for us.

Because apple have clearly never released a .0 version of any software at all. Or microsoft. Or anyone else.
You also seem unaware of how closed beta, public beta, developer previews and so on work. This isnt new software.

This may shock you but no software is guaranteed to have all the bugs worked out and every update can introduce new ones.

I was not expecting it to work, just wanted to post here to let others know that it did not work for me. no big deal

I for one appreciate you testing it and letting us know. W/ all the issues from the Nougat version not playing nicely with the DJI Go 4 app, a lot of people are wondering about Oreo, me included.

Reactions: David Cook
Ive tried it on 2 devices now, both nexus 5x, one was 8.0 OTA update, the other factory install. Both seem to work as previously. My only other device is a Nexus 7 2013 which isnt ever going to get upgraded.

Reactions: David Cook
Bumping this to see if there's any new feedback on GO4 with Oreo. I'm in a beta group to test Oreo for my phone (Huawei Mate 9), but I'm taking the MP on vacation with me next week, so I'm hesitant to update until that's behind me. I've not had any issues on Nougat. Curious to see how others are faring.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent