DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 on Windows PC.

Rogerlin

Reactions
Right or not I have always prefered to update equiptment via a hard wired connection on my PC with the Go 4 app. However this morning it flagged up that the Go 4 was not security passed and wouldnt let me open it. So I deleted the app and tried to re-install it, as I say on windows `10` I think, apparently the app is now only available for IOS or Android and not PC, is this true?

I have no problem in updating firmware via WiFi but read somewhere it can have issues so I wonder if anyone can offer advice here.

Many thanks...

It appears that an unsigned certificate (DJI certificate expired) is the problem. Several threads on this. There have been successful installs, but it required users of W10 to long in as admin an then do a rather involved series of steps.

Search for posts by Brett as his post on the process was most detailed.

Sorry, don’t have a bookmark as I use CS (Android) and iPhone on my 3 drones had same problems, but there I use only a command click to bring up the install anyway option.

It appears that an unsigned certificate (DJI certificate expired) is the problem. Several threads on this. There have been successful installs, but it required users of W10 to long in as admin an then do a rather involved series of steps.

Search for posts by Brett as his post on the process was most detailed.

Sorry, don’t have a bookmark as I use CS (Android) and iPhone on my 3 drones had same problems, but there I use only a command click to bring up the install anyway option.

Thanks Thomas, for the info, I made a mistake, it was the assistance app I had a problem with, and I see what you’re saying, so DJI need to update their certs, not great is it?

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.

You will need to access this and change it as follows:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1. Change this to 0 and exit. Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon. Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

Good luck.

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.

You will need to access this and change it as follows:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1. Change this to 0 and exit. Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon. Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

Good luck.

Great, thanks for that....how do you know these things, it just proves what a brilliant MB this is, such knowledge is here...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143