DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go back to using Google Maps on DJI Go/DJI Go 4 for Rooted Android Phones

gregw

Reactions
Just saw a tip over at the DJI forums that actually works. Note: You MUST have a rooted phone for this hack to work.

1. Download and install the "Disable Service" app at: Disable Service - Android Apps on Google Play
2. Start the app and select the DJI Go/DJI Go 4 app in the list of third party apps.
3. Remove the check mark next to "MapService".

The next time you start DJI Go/DJI Go 4, you will have Google Maps back!

Reactions: NPuter
finally one good solution not requiring to downgrade DJI GO :)
has anybody tried it?

finally one good solution not requiring to downgrade DJI GO :)
has anybody tried it?

I've just flown today for 3 batteries.... Aside from a quick error message about MapService being unavailable when DJI Go 4 first starts, everything works, and Google maps show up on DJI Go 4. Very happy with this solution..

That's a great solution, if you have your phone rooted, which mine isn't :mad::p

Yep... I always root my phone... Need root to install Xposed Framework and XPrivacy, which allows you to take control and disable overzealous apps from sending your phone and contact info to their server... Also for adblocking for all/every app on the phone..

You would of thought ... DJI could make this a check box choice.
Not having that suggests there are other reasons for trying to enforce the switch over.

To be honest Here maps are better than Google offline - if you don't have mobile cover and didn't cache beforehand.

Reactions: sdheath
This method stopped the app from crashing. Im not kidding it hasn't crashed once, when usually it would crash 2-3x per flight.

New to rooting phones. So you would need to have google maps installed on the device? And how would you go about using/storing offline maps with this method?

Yep... I always root my phone... Need root to install Xposed Framework and XPrivacy, which allows you to take control and disable overzealous apps from sending your phone and contact info to their server... Also for adblocking for all/every app on the phone..

Have you heard of Kingroot and would you recommend using that service to root phones? I'm new to android and may root my phone to disable USB charging.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580