DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go beyond maximum altitude of 500m setting?

kjhman

Reactions
Hi there. I'm new to this forum and I am also new to a Mavic pro 2 drone. I'm slightly disappointed that it appears 500m is the maximum altitude on the software. I've seen some articles and posts in other areas for the original mavic on how to surpass the 500m altitude restriction but i dont see anything for the mavic 2 pro.

Is anyone aware of a way to surpass the 500m altitude restriction on it?

thanks

oh ok cool. i came across their website when i was searching around. i'll keep an eye on them. thanks!

Do you realize how high you are at 400 meters? I can't imagine a reason you need to go higher then that.
I am not the drone poice type but I am interested too. Too many new users that need to understand the trouble they cause by doing these stunts.

You come here asking how to break the law and you will get inevitable responses.

It's not necessarily going to be illegal. If you are flying up the side of a mountain then you might well exceed 500 m vertical without being more than 400 ft AGL. And remember that the 400 ft rule only applies to Part 107 operations in the US, so it could be a recreational flight or a Part 107 flight with a BVLOS waiver.

It's not necessarily going to be illegal. If you are flying up the side of a mountain then you might well exceed 500 m vertical without being more than 400 ft AGL. And remember that the 400 ft rule only applies to Part 107 operations in the US, so it could be a recreational flight or a Part 107 flight with a BVLOS waiver.

sar104-
What is the flight limit for non 107 fliers?

Reactions: JDawg
You’re assuming I’m going to do these altitudes where the law applies....
Then let me suggest you post what your intentions are
so you won’t get no grief and also let me say to please
not try and start another thread on the same thing.
I will delete that also like I just did.
Thank you.

Many of us live in mountainous terrain...

Please read the multiple previous threads on altitude restrictions.

And many are stupid and do stupid things, read the multiple threads on people doing stupid things. This was the OP's 1st post and there have been multiple 'newbie's' who lost their drones lately by going too high and not being aware of the wind difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato