DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 aircraft name change? (Oddball question)

Dakarenduro

Reactions
Searched but no luck.
Backstory- bought a used M2Z to add to my kit a few weeks back. Reset everything on it (or so I thought). Went out and did 2 test flights. Everything worked great.

Got Home pulled up flight records in Go4. Saw that the aircraft name was previous owner 'Franklin's Mavic'. Looked and found the setting and changed the name back to 'M2Z'.

Did a few flights today. Checked flight record and no change. New flights files under old name.

My question if anyone has had this before- is there a way to edit the flight record? Or if I delete these few flight records until there are none under this aircraft, will new flights register under the new name?

IMG_20191214_142553.jpg

in the app you can rename the drone but that name is only going to show at the top of the screen for any flights you have done ,when you registered the drone to your DJI account,and you need to do that when you first start, on the left of the screen at the bottom you can see three dots if you swipe left then it will show different headings and one of them should be the new name you called the mavic

Right. When I swipe thru those 3 dots I scroll between my overall details, my MA flights, and now this aircraft. So I'm trying to change this aaircraft's name.

I will delete these flights and do another flight and see if it begins registering under the updated name.

Reactions: old man mavic
To close the loop and help anyone in the future.

1. You can't activate a used craft with your dji account.
2. To fix the naming, edit the name in general settings via the remote/mobile. Then go into the dji go4 and delete all the flight records for the incorrectly named drone. Now exit go4. Reopen and confirm that you no longer see the drone listed.

Now do a flight.

Go to flight records in go4. You should see the drone now listed under the correct (new) name. If so do a flight record resync. After resync you will now see ALL the flight records under the new name (to include the ones previously flown under the old name and deleted!)

Now looking at the screen wont annoy me anymore....

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato