DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Godrevy Lighthouse, Cornwall

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
Some views of the beautiful lighthouse as the sun was going down, Godrevy Lighthouse was built in 1858–1859 on Godrevy Island in St Ives Bay, Cornwall. Standing approximately 300 metres (980 ft) off Godrevy Head, it marks the Stones reef, which has been a hazard to shipping for centuries. Originally, the light was manned by two men at a time, working two months on and one month off, but landing keepers by boat was always a perilous activity at Godrevy and in 1933 the lighthouse was automated. In 1995, the lighthouse was modernised and converted to solar powered operation. In 2012 Trinity House discontinued use of the light within the tower, replacing it with an LED light mounted on a steel platform nearby on the rocks. Godrevy is still listed by Trinity House as a lighthouse, and the tower is maintained by them as a daymark. The new light maintains the same pattern as its predecessor, flashing white/red every ten seconds, with the red sector only being visible in the arc of danger from the reef. The range of the light is around 8 nautical miles.

Lovely work Jezbot. A great production on a beacon with history.
I had to wipe the seaspray from my brow LOL. The still shots were the highlight for me, except for the caravanning spot at 1:50.
Safe flying mate ...from Down Under.

CAMP SITE.jpeg

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929