DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles - 2nd operator.

Peregrine

Reactions
The goggles thing has got me thinking....... If I buy a much longer lead, say a couple of metres, with which to connect the phone/tablet to the controller, then I can farm out a lot of the duties to my partner. With the goggles and controller, I can concentrate on flying smoothly, and getting the shot. Meanwhile, my partner, holding the phone/tablet, can select various modes, and make camera setting adjustments etc. This way, I won't keep on having to "let it hover" while I sort things out. I think the whole sequence will be a lot smoother. I wonder if there is a maximum lead length to avoid problems?

Yes, USB cables should not exceed a max. length of 5m. If you want more, there are cable offers up to maybe 15m which include an active repeater build into the USB socket. Usually these cables have type A plugs and sockets, so their plugs will fit into the remote's rear USB port. At the phone side you will need a standard USB type A to e.g. micro-USB cable, such as the charging cable for your mobile device.

It would be try & error, as there is no guarantee that it will work with the Mavic remote and your mobile device running the GO4 app, but at least such repeater cables are not that expensive.

Thanks for that :) I think 2, maybe 3 metres would be more than sufficient.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123