DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles being phased out?

JoostGT3

Reactions
Hi all,
I found that the DJI Goggles and Goggles RE are sold out on their website, but also on a lot of normal webshops here in the Netherlands. Does anybody know whether there is a replacement expected? Any news/rumors/leaks/etc?

Hi all,
I found that the DJI Goggles and Goggles RE are sold out on their website, but also on a lot of normal webshops here in the Netherlands. Does anybody know whether there is a replacement expected? Any news/rumors/leaks/etc?
Surely don't hope so.. Just got DJI FPV fly more combo. Could be just lack of stock. Maybe retailers don't think people will buy with the new EU drone law coming next year.

Surely don't hope so.. Just got DJI FPV fly more combo. Could be just lack of stock. Maybe retailers don't think people will buy with the new EU drone law coming next year.

Yeah, I'm holding off until then at least for the same reason. Maybe they have a new version in the pipeline which works better with the M2P? I heard there's lots of range issues with that (and I have an M2P, so quite on the fence about it)

Arh, you're talking about the RE googles, yeah that could be a possibility :) I misread your post or maybe you edited it :p

No, I was referring to both the classic white ones and the RE. I was under the impression that both suffered from range issues when working with an M2P? Both are sold out in a lot of places btw.

No, I was referring to both the classic white ones and the RE. I was under the impression that both suffered from range issues when working with an M2P? Both are sold out in a lot of places btw.
I was talking about these:
large_798c627b-e048-481c-9c85-8ca640e3dc99.jpg

Reactions: Bernd2019

I get about 2 kilometre range with the Googles RE and the M2P, at 1080p without any issues, steady video and full gimbal head-tracking. That's from an elevated point, flying at about 100m AGL.

As the white and RE goggles are not compatible with drones controlled by the DJI Fly app, I expected already that they will end their product life quite soon.
I always hoped for new goggles which are compatible both with Ocusync, FPV system, HDMI and analog video, but meanwhile I guess they will not build these because of too much regulations in many countries restricting flying via goggles...

As the white and RE goggles are not compatible with drones controlled by the DJI Fly app, I expected already that they will end their product life quite soon.
I always hoped for new goggles which are compatible both with Ocusync, FPV system, HDMI and analog video, but meanwhile I guess they will not build these because of too much regulations in many countries restricting flying via goggles...

I wouldn't be so sure. As we know that the Smart Controller is awaiting a Firmware update for the Fly App it wouldn't take much, one would think, a firmware could do the same for the Goggles. They recently updated the M2 line to modify the Occusync to match the MA2 range which looks to be first step on band adjustment for the SC firmware to be coming shortly. I do understand they didn't mention the goggles like they did the SC, but here is to hoping I guess. I have Zeiss Cinemizers, not DJI so I can just plug into my remote (SC) via HDMI and I'm good on my end.

As for Goggles compatible both with Occusync, FPV system, HDMI and analog video, I thought that was exactly what DJI RE googles did? Unless I am missing something you are referring too?

Last edited:
Reactions: ATW
I wouldn't be so sure. As we know that the Smart Controller is awaiting a Firmware update for the Fly App it wouldn't take much, one would think, a firmware could do the same for the Goggles. They recently updated the M2 line to modify the Occusync to match the MA2 range which looks to be first step on band adjustment for the SC firmware to be coming shortly. I do understand they didn't mention the goggles like they did the SC, but here is to hoping I guess. I have Zeiss Cinemizers, not DJI so I can just plug into my remote (SC) via HDMI and I'm good on my end.

As for Goggles compatible both with Occusync, FPV system, HDMI and analog video, I thought that was exactly what DJI RE googles did? Unless I am missing something you are referring too?

Wait, what? Is the Smart controller expected to be updated so it can be used with the Mavic Mini as well? Wouldn't that require any hardware changes? It would be amazing, as I love the simplicity of just switching on the drone and the controller and start flying, rather than having to connect phones, starting app, etc.

Reactions: ATW
I always loved the look of this puppy... very Predator-like. I thought they were to be used in conjunction with a special receiver/camera on the drone. Are they compatible out of the box with the Mavic 2 Pro and/or the Mini? If so, what are the pros/cons when compared to the normal and the RE goggles?
Yeah you need a Air Unit or Caddx Vista. No Mavic support unfortunately

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS