DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles experience and question

windmill

Reactions
I have the regular white dji goggles( not RE). I have the blurriness that comes from being a wearer of glasses. I've read about this here on this forum. Well, I ordered the corrective lenses made by dji since I could get them in two days. Well, the right lense will fall right off when I take off the goggles. The left is well adhered. No matter- I can deal with this. These lenses helped a good bit and made the view better but I still have a bit of bluriness when looking at items on the ground- houses,trees, etc. I'm wondering if I should order another pair in a stronger magnification. I added 1 to the last eye check diopter number-I ordered a three. Experience with this with suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

What strengths of corrective lenses did you get? I use 1.75 - 2.0 strength reading glasses for regular reading. Based on DJI recommendations, I got a 4.0 correction. I ended up getting a 4.5 which works just a little better in my case.

I have the regular white dji goggles( not RE). I have the blurriness that comes from being a wearer of glasses. I've read about this here on this forum. Well, I ordered the corrective lenses made by dji since I could get them in two days. Well, the right lense will fall right off when I take off the goggles. The left is well adhered. No matter- I can deal with this. These lenses helped a good bit and made the view better but I still have a bit of bluriness when looking at items on the ground- houses,trees, etc. I'm wondering if I should order another pair in a stronger magnification. I added 1 to the last eye check diopter number-I ordered a three. Experience with this with suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

From what I have read, at least double the value of the lens. If you normally use a power of 2.00 than 4.00 would work quite well in googles.

I'm nearsighted and have read on here and have read on here how to determine which corrective lens to get. I do have good news on my dilema. I tried wearing my glasses with the corrective lenses in the goggles and that cleared it up nicely. I was flying with goggles with corrective lenses without glasses before. Thanks.

I am 66 years old, and my eyes don't adapt as they did when I was younger. I normally use about +2 reading glasses. For experimenting with Goggles RE, I ordered two pairs of DJI lenses, +3 and +4. I noted that +4 works better (although the left lens keeps dropping off when I raise the Goggles). I got an optician's prescription, which included astigmatism correction, +1 correction for long distance and an additional +2.5 for reading. I sent this prescription to RHO Lens in Germany. They determined that the optimum strenght for me was 4.25 (plus the astigmatism correction). I am very pleased with the RHO Lenses. The view is clearer than with either pair of DJI lenses, and there's none of the drop-off problems that plague DJI's own lenses.

I am 66 years old, and my eyes don't adapt as they did when I was younger. I normally use about +2 reading glasses. For experimenting with Goggles RE, I ordered two pairs of DJI lenses, +3 and +4. I noted that +4 works better (although the left lens keeps dropping off when I raise the Goggles). I got an optician's prescription, which included astigmatism correction, +1 correction for long distance and an additional +2.5 for reading. I sent this prescription to RHO Lens in Germany. They determined that the optimum strenght for me was 4.25 (plus the astigmatism correction). I am very pleased with the RHO Lenses. The view is clearer than with either pair of DJI lenses, and there's none of the drop-off problems that plague DJI's own lenses.

I found a really simple and cheap solution. Take goggles to a discount store.
Try on various strength reading glasses and try with the goggles on.
When you find perfect strength pay the man $5.00.
Take home . Remove lenses from frame. Attach lenses to goggles with a few drops of silicone.
Works for me !!!!

[QUOTE="... pay the man $5.00. Take home . Remove lenses from frame. Attach lenses to goggles with a few drops of silicone. Works for me !!!![/QUOTE]

I've only had the Goggles RE for a month now, but I've noted that when they get cold, the moisture evaporating from my eyes condenses on the lenses. But the RHO Lens correctors make a tight fit with the lens frames in the Goggles, and the fogging only appears on the front surface, which is easy to clean. WIth cheap drugstore lenses, I'm afraid the fogging will affect both sides, and if the lenses are attached with silicone, it won't be easy to clean them.

As crazy as it sounds, amilase. Use your saliva on the lenses. The amilase is an enzyme that scuba divers do also. No more foggy lenses

Reactions: Trained Ape
As crazy as it sounds, amilase. Use your saliva on the lenses. The amilase is an enzyme that scuba divers do also. No more foggy lenses

Yep. As a certified SCUBA diver I used spit in my mask all the time. Wipe it around, rinse off and you’re good to go.
NB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929