DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles lens holder

ryo

Reactions
I made these holders before discovering that there is something very similar (almost same) that is being sold by a member. Considering that the member is selling a full package including lens i think it's not a problem if i publish my version that can be downloaded and 3d printed.
Here you go: DJI goggles snap-in lens holder by rikirix

Reactions: Gray52
Thanks for sharing your file. Could you provide more information about what type of lens are needed, there shape or style and how the lenses are installed into the frames and how the frames are attached to the googles? This info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Maybe a picture is better to describe the holder: just apply very little force and they will fit the goggles. About lens i had a pair of glasses (that i found) and never used: just removed lens and fitted, i guess it's a standard size and in any case an optitian can make the right size.

t9zfd2.jpg

I made these holders before discovering that there is something very similar (almost same) that is being sold by a member. Considering that the member is selling a full package including lens i think it's not a problem if i publish my version that can be downloaded and 3d printed.
Here you go: DJI goggles snap-in lens holder by rikirix
Any chance on printing me one ryo? I'm 3d printerless.

Thanks buddy, you are a ways away. Thanks for replying. Anyone in the USA that can print these. A 3d printer is on my short list, one of these days.

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture. I can now see how the lenses are attached to the frames, however, still cannot figure how the printed frames are attached to the googles. What holds them in place? Thanks

Thanks for the picture. I can now see how the lenses are attached to the frames, however, still cannot figure how the printed frames are attached to the googles. What holds them in place? Thanks

Nothing. The holder is just very slightly smaller that just a little pressure against the google internal frame hold them in place.

The stl file need some work, the clips that hold the lens's needs to be beefed up quite a bit. They break off pretty easily

Last edited:
I guess depends about the lens thikness? I didn't break any of the clips and in any case they can't be extended: when i made a test with longer clips they ended being too close to the eye.

I started to modify your design by making the clips thicker and wider and then I found this design on Thingiverse. Lens holders for DJI Googles by obelix662000 I printed them in PLA, brought them to the dollar store and found reading glasses for a dollar with lenses that would match. The lens nose area had to be ground down, easy with a Dremel, file, or sandpaper since the lenses are soft plastic. Put masking tape over the lenses while working on them to avoid scratching them. CVS and Walmart also had similar lenses but at 10 times the price. There may have been a difference in the lens quality but I couldn't see it. The frame was slightly better at CVS and Walmart but the frame was being thrown out so that didn't matter. I put a drop of super glue on each corner to keep the lenses from moving or falling out.

I talked to the guy at focus fixers and he says that the lens snaps inside the holder so you can go to the dollar store and buy different reading glasses for other people if you want them to use the goggles. All you have to do is pop the lens out of the frames.
I started to modify your design by making the clips thicker and wider and then I found this design on Thingiverse. Lens holders for DJI Googles by obelix662000 I printed them in PLA, brought them to the dollar store and found reading glasses for a dollar with lenses that would match. The lens nose area had to be ground down, easy with a Dremel, file, or sandpaper since the lenses are soft plastic. Put masking tape over the lenses while working on them to avoid scratching them. CVS and Walmart also had similar lenses but at 10 times the price. There may have been a difference in the lens quality but I couldn't see it. The frame was slightly better at CVS and Walmart but the frame was being thrown out so that didn't matter. I put a drop of super glue on each corner to keep the lenses from moving or falling out.
Can you post a picture please?

DSCN6227.JPG
I talked to the guy at focus fixers and he says that the lens snaps inside the holder so you can go to the dollar store and buy different reading glasses for other people if you want them to use the goggles. All you have to do is pop the lens out of the frames.

Can you post a picture please?
I widened the top and bottom clips and I extended the top edge of the clip to the outside edge of the frame to make it stronger. It did make it strong enough to hold the lens without breaking. The lenses I had still would not stay on so it would also need the same thing done to the two side clips. The frame (in PLA) did clip onto the goggles ok. I then found the bottom frames on Thingiverse so I didn't finish modifying the top set. The bottom set of frames work well but you have to grind down the edge of the lenses to allow for the nose space but it was easy to do with a Dremel.

Thanks for the pics. I already tried the top design and it didn't work out for me so I'm trying the bottom one next week. I already have the focus-fixers ordered but I want a frame where I can change lens for my customers.

Thanks for the pics. I already tried the top design and it didn't work out for me so I'm trying the bottom one next week. I already have the focus-fixers ordered but I want a frame where I can change lens for my customers.
I would make several copies of the frames, maybe in different colors and put a different lens in each one. It would be very easy to swap them as needed. The spring clips on the bottom design make them easy to swap, pull out on the nose area to remove and push down on the top area, then push in the bottom to install them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S