DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles

Diablo23

Reactions
Gee wizz like many others I’m having a ***** of a time trying to get the firmware or software whatever you call it to my goggles.
I have a mac Air laptop.
I’ve downloaded the assistant 2 it says successful.
It wants me to download a program called HoRNDIS, I did and still can’t the computer to pair up with the goggles??
I went into settings on the laptop and security and unlocked?
What am I doing wrong??
Please make your response step by step, I’m not real computer savvy lol

I have watched countless videos on how to do it, seems straight forward, but I’m not having any luck

I am not familiar with the Air, but I did have to use 2 different downloads. 1 for the goggles and 1 for the mavic. Are you powering up the goggles? I have a windows machine, and I have to open Assistant 2, then connect the goggles with usb, then power on the goggles in order for them to be seen.

This seems to be the problem, I can’t open the assistant on my laptop? It says it was successfully downloaded.
I have gone up to the point in the goggle menu where it says to connect to the laptop, yes power is on

Not sure then. Only other thing I would try, is to try to reinstall. You are installing the mac version?

Yes the Mac version thanks for your help anyway, I’ll keep looking, and asking around grrrrr

So I have the Mavic 2 Zoom with the RC goggles and was using an iMac with Sierra. Had the same issue but already had Assistant 2 that I had loaded for the Mavic. Removed it rebooted and then installed the Assistant 2 recommended in the RC instructions along with the HoRNDS. Rebooted, powered up the RC goggles, plugged them in and opened the Assistant 2. It connected like a charm then.

Well I eventually found the problem ( don’t laugh) I did the very same thing downloaded assistant and hornds multiple times the computer said it successfully downloaded, but I couldn’t find it!!! Neighbor came over and went searching on the computer and found it in “ application “ then it was straight forward from there lol. Downloaded to googles everything came up except no camera view, the mavic air also needed an update, so we did that also , rebooted everything and walla!! Everything synced up nicely.
Hoovering in the house, cause it was dark and to late yesterday, now today it’s colder and windy here in my town Aylmer Ontario Canada!! Grrrr not going to be able to try the new set up!!
Now I just need to learn how to navigate thru the goggle menus
Thanks to all that tried to help , simple case of my computer illiteracy, it was there all along just didn’t know what or where to go to get it!!
I’m sorta new to the Mac air laptops was always a PC guy . But to be honest what I know about computers I could put on a head of a pin, thanks again guys

Well I eventually found the problem ( don’t laugh) I did the very same thing downloaded assistant and hornds multiple times the computer said it successfully downloaded, but I couldn’t find it!!! Neighbor came over and went searching on the computer and found it in “ application “ then it was straight forward from there lol. Downloaded to googles everything came up except no camera view, the mavic air also needed an update, so we did that also , rebooted everything and walla!! Everything synced up nicely.
Hoovering in the house, cause it was dark and to late yesterday, now today it’s colder and windy here in my town Aylmer Ontario Canada!! Grrrr not going to be able to try the new set up!!
Now I just need to learn how to navigate thru the goggle menus
Thanks to all that tried to help , simple case of my computer illiteracy, it was there all along just didn’t know what or where to go to get it!!
I’m sorta new to the Mac air laptops was always a PC guy . But to be honest what I know about computers I could put on a head of a pin, thanks again guys
With the MP you have to link the goggles to the drone. Have you done that as well?

Through a cable connection, yes all good, been buzzing around the back yard, all good!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada