DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles

MavicPro2Ed

Reactions
The DJI Goggles have been out for a long time - does anyone know when to expect the new version or if DJI is not going to release goggles in the future?

What are the best third party goggles to work with Mavic 2 Pro?

I've heard that there is a way to connect to a Fat Shark goggle via a new DJI radio which has the HDMI port - does this work? Is there a link that can be shared? What is needed to make this work?

Thanks!

I've heard that there is a way to connect to a Fat Shark goggle via a new DJI radio which has the HDMI port - does this work? Is there a link that can be shared? What is needed to make this work?
Fat Shark goggles that have an HDMI input (like the Fat Shark Dominator V3) can be connected to any device that has an HDMI output. Here are some devices you could use with the Mavic 2 Pro:

Thanks - I use the iPhone XS Max with the DJI controller - what about using a Lightning to HDMI cable coming out of the phone - but then the phone won’t connect to the DJI controller holder

what about using a Lightning to HDMI cable coming out of the phone - but then the phone won’t connect to the DJI controller holder
Right -- that would only allow you to connect your phone to the goggles OR the remote controller.

Thanks - I’d rather not spend $500+ to add an HDMI port - the Dragon touch is around $100 - is the idea to use the Dragon touch with the DJI controller instead of my iPhone? But will that still have the same connection problem as my iPhone?

But will that still have the same connection problem as my iPhone?
No. The devices I listed above have HDMI outputs. That'll allow you to connect the goggles and remote controller at the same time (since they use different ports).

Reactions: brettbrandon
I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I am wanting to film near proximity through trees and bushes and use my FPV goggles.
If you aren't looking for high quality picture, there are little FPV cameras you can get and use wirelessly with your Fatsharks.
I hot glued the 18 dollar camera/transmitter to a piece of plastic (you can get camera mounts for a few bucks) and both it and the battery are held on with a chunk of that supersticky nano gel stuff.

fpv.png

EDIT: Just thinking about it for you, that would greatly reduce distance. I would just be using this fairly close.

Last edited:
Thanks - using the Dragon Touch with the DJI controller makes sense as a way to use the Dominator Goggles - what else is recommended as a package with the Dominator to make it work – I think it won’t work out of the box, correct? – what else is required or recommended?

what else is recommended as a package with the Dominator to make it work
The only other thing you'll need is a battery charger (like this one) since the Dominator does not come with a battery charger.

Sorry to tell that the DJI Goggles does not support Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. And so far, there is no plan scheduled to support Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.

Apologize for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.

It has been quite a while since these posts, but in case folks are still reading them, there is a device called “lightning to hdmi adapter” it provides an hdmi connection with pass through for the lightning data. I have used these to send streaming channels to tv from iPads and iPhones. Plan to test it soon on my daughter’s work Mavic pro. I have the smart controller so no problem using my farshark dominator hd3 goggles. (This does require an hdmi to mini hdmi cable) These adapters are available for usb C applications as well, but not for micro usb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada