DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going rate for drone pilot

bradock980

Reactions
Good day everyone. I am getting my first drone gig done really soon for a trucking company. They would like both photos and videos the video won't be much longer than 1 minute. How much should I charge to get that done with editing and such in mind.

Tough to say if it's your first gig. I charge $500 a day and $60/hr for editing. That might scare away a client who is thinking small scale and a limited delivery.
Ask yourself' "how much do I need to make this worth my while?" I did a lot of really cheap work when I started, it got me the confidence and finances I needed to keep going.

How high do you feel you could go before you scared them away? You can start out by underselling yourself, but eventually you want to work towards jobs that pay you what you're worth. $300 feels great when you're starting out.

Reactions: bradock980
Good day everyone. I am getting my first drone gig done really soon for a trucking company. They would like both photos and videos the video won't be much longer than 1 minute. How much should I charge to get that done with editing and such in mind.
DRONR did a pretty good video on exactly this subject a little while ago:

His channel is worth checking out for many interesting tips and discussions about being a working drone pilot.

Reactions: bradock980
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore