DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to a place where all the sky is yours and there are no UAV rules

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

If you found yourself in such a UAV paradise, what rules would you make for yourself? In other words, what would you consider to be best practice in such an environment?

Well, I thought a place with no rules.... hmmm...
Your going to need oxygen.. ie a foriegn planet!!
Or some where where there was absolutely no people either!!
So naked sounded more fun!!!!!

Well, I thought a place with no rules.... hmmm...
Your going to need oxygen.. ie a foriegn planet!!
Or some where where there was absolutely no people either!!
So naked sounded more fun!!!!!
So fly your mavic to the moon? Or did I misread that?

i have been there several times a wonderful place, but just as i am getting into it i wake up, good bloody dream though

I am going to be based here for the next few months but will travel a lot in the rural parts. Only restriction I see is the local airport. Ethiopia does not have a UAV law as of yet. So UAV heaven?

I am going to be based here for the next few months but will travel a lot in the rural parts. Only restriction I see is the local airport. Ethiopia does not have a UAV law as of yet. So UAV heaven?

View attachment 73303
Drones are effectively banned. You need some permit which is impossible to get. I had mine confiscated in Mekele. Luckily got it back when I flew out of Addis.

If you’ve got it in the country already I doubt anyone will care though.

Drones are effectively banned. You need some permit which is impossible to get. I had mine confiscated in Mekele. Luckily got it back when I flew out of Addis.

If you’ve got it in the country already I doubt anyone will care though.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I have read a few similar accounts of drones getting confiscated from tourists. What they are doing is completely illegal, they have absolutely no legal basis for doing that. I am Ethiopian, so I suppose that will be in my benefit and if they try that with me, I will have all the time to challenge it; a luxury tourists on a tight schedule cannot afford.

What about the flying bugs that bite?
What about them? A little blood donation can be healthy for you, I hear :p

But that reminds me, I got to stock up on mosquito repellent. They are plentiful where I am going.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle