DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to Disney in Oct, any good areas to fly/photograph? worth taking a drone with me?

Gene465

Reactions
Ok, so heading to Disney in Oct, celebrating wife's birthday and our 33rd wedding anniversery is there any worthwhile spots that I can take photos/fly at? Is it worth taking one of my drones? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: GFields
If you're asking if you can fly in or around Disney, the simple answer is no, Disney has a permeant no fly zone - (see red circle below). Also Orlando and the surrounding area is some really busy airspace with two International Airports, with a third executive airport in between them, and the the East Side of Florida of course has the Nasa Launch facility.

That said, if you are willing to drive out away from Disney there are places you can fly. How far you're willing to drive and what you want to see/do is really the question.

Disney.jpg

Ok, so heading to Disney in Oct, celebrating wife's birthday and our 33rd wedding anniversery is there any worthwhile spots that I can take photos/fly at? Is it worth taking one of my drones? Thanks in advance!
Hope you're able to find some flying areas. I know you'll be able to take a lot using your phone or DSLR.
Nonetheless, I wish your wife a happy birthday and both of you a happy 33rd wedding anniversary.

Reactions: Gene465
Thanks, for the responses, I forgot it is Disney World in Orlando, going to be right on resort but dont mind driving 1/2 hour or so away if there are place to fly. Of course it is a long drive, im sure there will be places on the way over there to fly around or on the return drive.

The area surrounding Disney World for miles is a congested residential area. So, check the B4UFly app to get an idea of where you can legally fly. Generally bike trails are good but take your action camera instead of a drone. Just because you can fly high doesn't mean that's your best option for good videos or photograph. First, decide what you to photograph rather than looking for a drone video option.
What type of photography sites really interests you?
By the way, driving around Disney World is no fun. US 192 is a high risk area, as is I-4. For something to do other than Disney World, you could take I-4 to Universal, or International Drive to outlets, or Orange Blossom Trail to Gatorland. Living in the area and having visited Disney World so many times I have no compulsion to take my drone anywhere near Disney World and put up with the flying hassles.
I found a useful link for drone flying in Florida: Can You Fly a Drone in Florida? (And Best Places to Fly)

Reactions: Gene465 and GFields
Spent the last few months in Orlando. Disney is no fly but I have flown some cool places anyway. TPC Sawgrass, World Golf Hall of Fame, Bay Hill 18th, USA's largest driving range, Camping World Stadium, The UCF Bounce House.

Videos coming soon!

Reactions: Gene465
Thanks, for the responses, I forgot it is Disney World in Orlando, going to be right on resort but dont mind driving 1/2 hour or so away if there are place to fly. Of course it is a long drive, im sure there will be places on the way over there to fly around or on the return drive.

I live on the East side of Orlando and that is, at the very least, an hour (plus) drive so I can't suggest anything out this way. Perhaps someone familiar with the west or south side can chime in. Good Luck and Happy Anniversary.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000