DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to Hawaï from Canada

eyecube

Reactions
Is there any rules and regulation that I should know about before taking my Mavic with me to Hawaii . I heard batteries must be discharged and not allowed on carry on ! Anyone have advice !

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I heard batteries must be discharged and not allowed on carry on !
This is not correct. Batteries must be stored in your carry-on bag with the battery terminals covered. You do not have to discharge them.

They actually prefer that they have enough charge so you can make them blink. If they are totally dead they might think they are vehicle for illegal substances.

Never had an issue. Lots of great places to fly. Don't try National Parks. NFZ can be a problem when Obama on vacation there!:(

Obamas vacations shouldn't be an issue anymore
Sorry, they (NOTAM) not going away. Might be smaller though!:)
Something about having a President (albeit past) in the area, triggers NFZ through the app. Motors will not start even if you have permission to fly from the airport.
I'm going to the Big Island next Christmas. I hope to be okay since the Obamas will probably be on Oahu as usual.:cool:

Reactions: Squamer
Is there any rules and regulation that I should know about before taking my Mavic with me to Hawaii . I heard batteries must be discharged and not allowed on carry on ! Anyone have advice !

Since the obvious hasn't been mentioned, you're apparently supposed to register with the FAA (according to: Fly for Fun)

I'm going to Whistler,BC Canada in March and thinking of taking my Mavic. Any guidance?

There is another currently active thread where a bunch of other Canadians are currently discussing the regulations, and there is a wealth of information and great links that talk about Canadian regulations for "model aircraft" - how Transport Canada classifies the Mavic Pro if you fly an unmanned air craft (<35kg) recreationally. You do not have to register, but you should probably start by checking out the Transport Canada page on the subject. Also, make sure you do not fly in any National Park or in any restricted airspace. The NRC's UAV Site Selection tool is a great place to find places where you can fly and where you shouldn't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots