DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Golfer tries to take down my mavic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viciam

Reactions
Was flying around over a golf course when a golfer sees my drone , runs towards his club and ball and tries to launch a ball at my mavic . His accuracy was quite good as the ball came straight but just under my mavic . I saw what he was upto and was playing around with him by moving my mavic around.

Was flying around over a golf course when a golfer sees my drone , runs towards his club and ball and tries to launch a ball at my mavic . His accuracy was quite good as the ball came straight but just under my mavic . I saw what he was upto and was playing around with him by moving my mavic around.

If your bothering people its best to move on quickly and don't add more drone haters to our already large list.

Rob

If your bothering people its best to move on quickly and don't add more drone haters to our already large list.

Rob

Just a bit of harmless fun on my part. Was bored, had to find a way to entertain myself on this particular day. It was quite amusing and made me smile. Albeit at the expense of the golfer

Ah so they had a drone flying around for a bit. So what big deal

Reactions: wayy510
Just a bit of harmless fun on my part. Was bored, had to find a way to entertain myself on this particular day. It was quite amusing and made me smile. Albeit at the expense of the golfer

I've had a drone fly around me while I'm golfing & its extremely distracting. If the golfers notice you then you're too close.

No need to be a **** to members of the public, especially in places where drones would obviously be a distraction. I'm disappointed the golfer didn't get a lucky shot and take out your Mavic. Flyers like you are exactly the reason we're going to face more and more restrictions on where we can fly.

I approach flying a drone in the same way as if I left a bar after drinking two beers. I might not be over the legal limit, but I'm not gonna drive in a way that attracts the wrong kind of attention either. :)

I think a lot of folks on here are older (I'm 49) and we have learned how to not raise the ire of those that are ignorant of our hobby. It isn't that the younger guys are dumb, but they haven't had to live through laws and regulations that removed once held freedoms. They'll learn. Let's just hope it isn't after there are drone bans popping up all over the nation/world.

What would be even more fun and amusing is if he hit your Mavic with a ball. I'm sure you'd just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Chalk up two more people who hate drone fliers now.

And people wonder why things are going the way they are going.

You _knew_ he was upset at the drone. You had _no_ reason to continue to hover in that area. You could have simply moved on. Instead you _intentially_ took steps to make this person upset for no reason.

OK guy's lets cool off in this .
I've had to delete several post in this already .
IMHO the OP was wrong and even wronger in posting that .
Now state your opinion but do so in a civil manner .
Thank You

What would be even more fun and amusing is if he hit your Mavic with a ball. I'm sure you'd just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Chalk up two more people who hate drone fliers now.

And people wonder why things are going the way they are going.

You _knew_ he was upset at the drone. You had _no_ reason to continue to hover in that area. You could have simply moved on. Instead you _intentially_ took steps to make this person upset for no reason.
62697185.jpg

Tcope, I rarely see a post from you I can fully agree with you! :D
Keep up the good work! Thumbswayup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member