DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Afternoon from Weston-super-Mare, England.

MavicJN

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I have just ordered a mavic air 2 (Fly more), extremely excited to get some great footage and a new perspective to photography, I will be starting as a complete novice, with no practical experience of flying drones.
However I have completed my CAA flyer theory test and have a flyer and operator ID in advance of getting the drone.

So I thought while I was waiting for the drone to arrive it'd be nice to find a community to share my experiences and more importantly to pick up some good advice and knowledge.

My first flight will be in a big open field in tripod mode to get a good feel of the basic controls, I have downloaded apps to ensure conditions will be safe to fly in as well as aviation map apps to ensure I am flying in un-restricted air space.

Any other tips would be extremely welcome.

Thank you, Jamie

Welcome to the group.
Charge the batteries individually first - do not use the bank charger. After the first charge then you can use the bank charger.

Get a copy of the Manual and read up before hand.

It's a great drone and easy to fly.
Most of all - Have FUN with it.

Lots of settings - make sure your return to home settings match what you want.
Set your flight limits - height and distance limits.

When you first get it you probably want to update the firmware on the unit as well as the controller and batteries.
I suggest that you download DJI assistant 2 (available on their website) and plug the drone in (without the props on) to a pc.
Run DJI assistant 2 and check for updates. After you update the drone you can plug in the controller and update that as well.

Enjoy!

Hello everyone,

I have just ordered a mavic air 2 (Fly more), extremely excited to get some great footage and a new perspective to photography, I will be starting as a complete novice, with no practical experience of flying drones.
However I have completed my CAA flyer theory test and have a flyer and operator ID in advance of getting the drone.

So I thought while I was waiting for the drone to arrive it'd be nice to find a community to share my experiences and more importantly to pick up some good advice and knowledge.

My first flight will be in a big open field in tripod mode to get a good feel of the basic controls, I have downloaded apps to ensure conditions will be safe to fly in as well as aviation map apps to ensure I am flying in un-restricted air space.

Thank you, Jamie
welcome to the forum,it seems you have made a good start with your drone flying adventures have you downloaded the manual from the DJI website ,its must have reading to help you understand the workings of the drone and controller and what the app info is telling you
when you first start just take things easy and build up your skills gradually, get to learn how to fly your drone manually, and how it reacts to your control inputs to the sticks
set your RTH height so as to clear any tall trees or structures that may be dotted around, and try the RTH feature so you know what to expect when it activates, i know its very easy to want to try all the auto features and start filming as soon as you get the drone ,but believe me when i say your drone will last a long time,if you master the flight envelope first manually,
then you can start doing some amazing pics and vids

Welcome to the group.
Charge the batteries individually first - do not use the bank charger. After the first charge then you can use the bank charger.

Get a copy of the Manual and read up before hand.

It's a great drone and easy to fly.
Most of all - Have FUN with it.

Lots of settings - make sure your return to home settings match what you want.
Set your flight limits - height and distance limits.

When you first get it you probably want to update the firmware on the unit as well as the controller and batteries.
I suggest that you download DJI assistant 2 (available on their website) and plug the drone in (without the props on) to a pc.
Run DJI assistant 2 and check for updates. After you update the drone you can plug in the controller and update that as well.

Enjoy!

Great information thank you,
I remember hearing about individually charging the batteries from a video on YouTube so I'll be sure to do that.

Thanks again!

welcome to the forum,it seems you have made a good start with your drone flying adventures have you downloaded the manual from the DJI website ,its must have reading to help you understand the workings of the drone and controller and what the app info is telling you
when you first start just take things easy and build up your skills gradually, get to learn how to fly your drone manually, and how it reacts to your control inputs to the sticks
set your RTH height so as to clear any tall trees or structures that may be dotted around, and try the RTH feature so you know what to expect when it activates, i know its very easy to want to try all the auto features and start filming as soon as you get the drone ,but believe me when i say your drone will last a long time,if you master the flight envelope first manually,
then you can start doing some amazing pics and vids

Great idea, I'll download that in a sec.
And I will definitely be just flying for the first couple of hours to ensure i get to know the movement of the drone in relation to the stick movements I make on the controller, I must have watched 100's of videos but once it's in my hands it's a completely different thing!

Thanks again old man mavic!

Hello everyone,

Thank you, Jamie
Hi from a old milton brow boy you have fun on that beach brilliant.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum, MavicJN. Congratulations on the new drone! I think you're doing the right thing: getting your ducks in a row and asking experienced drone flyers for advice - then responding to that advice. I'm sure you've watched dozens (and dozens) of YouTube videos about all facets of the MA2. I sure did (about the Mavic Mini) and I felt far more prepared because of it. That was time well spent, for me, but nothing fully prepares you for getting the device in your hands, all set up and working properly, and hearing that voice say, "Takeoff" the first time. You are gonna have fun! Happy flying

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

A big Texas Welcome from Hauptmann in the USA (one of your former colonies)!

Haven’t flown in the UK yet. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens. Good you got the Flymore Kit--those extra batts will give you much more fly time per outing (I know about UK weather). Also, the MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

As you can see, there are lots of fellow Brits (including some from N. Somerset) and over 100,000 more of us from around the world here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it, and share your work when you can.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure to practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it before you need to.

Glad to have you with us. Happy flying!

A big Texas Welcome from Hauptmann in the USA (one of your former colonies)!

Haven’t flown in the UK yet. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens. Good you got the Flymore Kit--those extra batts will give you much more fly time per outing (I know about UK weather). Also, the MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

As you can see, there are lots of fellow Brits (including some from N. Somerset) and over 100,000 more of us from around the world here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it, and share your work when you can.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure to practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it before you need to.

Glad to have you with us. Happy flying!

Thank you Hauptmann, looking forward to seeing everyone's content as well as sharing some special areas I am lucky enough to live by.
Thank you for your advice, the manual is downloaded and will be read this evening!

Welcome to the forum, MavicJN. Congratulations on the new drone! I think you're doing the right thing: getting your ducks in a row and asking experienced drone flyers for advice - then responding to that advice. I'm sure you've watched dozens (and dozens) of YouTube videos about all facets of the MA2. I sure did (about the Mavic Mini) and I felt far more prepared because of it. That was time well spent, for me, but nothing fully prepares you for getting the device in your hands, all set up and working properly, and hearing that voice say, "Takeoff" the first time. You are gonna have fun! Happy flying

Thank you SW_Drone_Guy!
I watched so many videos of the MA2 I'm literally dreaming of it!
I can't wait to get involved in this hobby as well as see everyone else's experiences and also everyone's content from their particular corner of the earth!
Thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada