DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good bye Mavic Mini. Hello Mini 2

OldGuy

Reactions
Like a lot of fellow members I bough the MM when it first came out. A mini marvel at the time and still is today to a certain extent. Then slowly small problems began to appear. The first notable one as I remember was the wind issue and many members lost their drones thanks to this (we could call this pilot error). The next issue was the range in CE countries with loss of signal and RTH within a few hundred meters. After this came the sudden loss of altitude eventually attributed to bent props caused by the storage case itself (I haven’t used the case since).

Now the Mini 2 has appeared and love them or hate them DJI it would seem have addressed all of these problems with this this new drone. Time will tell as they say.
I have already sold my Mavic Mini and my Mini 2 is on it’s way.
Here’s a list of the improvements that I have seen on YouTube video comparing the MM to the new Mini 2. Please let me know if I have made any mistakes:
1. OcuSync 2.0
2. Better wind resistance 18 – 23 mph.
3. Digital zoom feature.
4. 31 minute battery.
5. Front arms don’t twist/flex as much as on the MM.
6. 4K video 30 fps.
7. Better props (not so flexible).
8. Top speed up from 29 mph to 36 mph.
9. High video bit rate 100 mbps. Up from 40 mbps.
10. USB C ports.
11. Quieter than MM.
12. Bigger remote battery 5200 mAh. Twice the size of MM remote giving 6 hrs of flight time.
13. Can use Smart controller with it.
14. Shoots video in RAW now.
15. Still under 249 grams
16. 4K Hyperlapse
17. Battery smart discharge feature.
18. Customisable button.

You might struggle to shoot video in RAW ?

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Ok I am a sticking with my mini person so perhaps some what biased but I have had 2km out of my UK spec mini.
1) It will be interesting to see if the occusync is all it is supposed to be when the signal is passing through trees etc..
10) Are USB-C ports a selling point? genuine question. I must admit I am not a fan of mUSB as I am constantly concerned about damaging them.
11) I am deaf so of no concern to me, lol
13) are you sure?
14) I thought RAW is applicable to photographs ONLY
17) Is it? genuine question

I have seen mention of fast? wifi? downloading from the drone to .......... possibly the phone.

The problem with the bigger remote battery for me is weight. I struggle holding up the Phantom remotes for too long.

Not compatible yet with the Smart Controller but I am sure will be in the feature. Nothing official yet from DJI. I guess they learned the lesson from the Mavic Air 2 in do not make promises because they had so much fire from people demanding the firmware to make it compatible and took them about 5-6 months when they promise will be within 2 weeks.

The problem with the bigger remote battery for me is weight. I struggle holding up the Phantom remotes for too long.
I know what you mean. I have the M2Z with a CrystalSky 7.85" monitor. Weighs a ton so I sit in a folding chair with it on my lap.

Reminded me, need to use the Zoom feature.
Wasn’t aware on the 4k Hyperlapse, will have to give that a go.

Reminded me, need to use the Zoom feature.
Wasn’t aware on the 4k Hyperlapse, will have to give that a go.
Despite it saying that in the comparison blog, that feature isn't actually on the Mini 2, and DJI apologized and said that was a typo and that it'll be available in a future update.

I know what you mean. I have the M2Z with a CrystalSky 7.85" monitor. Weighs a ton so I sit in a folding chair with it on my lap.
Yup. Even using a tablet on the "traditional" Mavic remotes is cumbersome. I look for a park picnic table, stand up the tablet on the table and hold the remote with a long enough USB cable.

Phantom remotes are designed to favor tablets than phones though which is nice for operation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S