DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good deed done...

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-
We just got back from a holiday trip to the beach where we used to live- things do change.
While there, i got to fly my Mini 2 quite a bit- got some very interesting clear water overhead videos. i did fly my drone out a ways- I won't tell how far to avoid stressing certain others- oh well- it was about two miles, OK?, and the connection was perfect- never dropped at all. Came back when I got high wind warning and the battery dropped toward 50 percent.
I was flying another day and the condo manager of the place we were staying saw me and came to see what I was doing. I showed him my controller and the drone in the sky, and he asked me for a favor. he asked if I could fly over the condo units and let him check the many different rain gutters and downspouts from above so he wouldn't have to climb up on the three story building to physically inspect each one. it took us a few minutes to check them all, but I was able to let him see the condition of all of the roof drains, and he knew which ones needed attention and which were OK. My drone saved him a whole lot of time and trouble, it seems.
So, my little drone and I did a good deed, and i feel better about myself for it.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Just be wary out a long ways over water, there's no place to hide the drone from the wind. Keep your RTH height low, say 20 -30, just incase you lose connection, you don't want to risk it climbing into strong wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka