DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GOOD NEWS!!! SDKs will be available for Mavic 3 & Air 2S

helnet

Reactions
last week I wrote to DJI SDK support.

I asked them if they were planning on releasing the SDKs for the Air 2S and Mavic 3 and here is what they answered.

Hummels Lei (DJI)
2021年12月13日 GMT+815:52
Dear Serge
Thank you for contacting DJI.

Yes. We will release SDK for Air 2S and Mavic 3. And the mobile SDK version that supports Air 2s will be released at the end of December.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

We will have waypoints and other applications made by third parties. :)

Thats good news, especially for the Mavic 3, the sooner Litchi comes on board the better.

Reactions: shb and ianwood
Thats good news, especially for the Mavic 3, the sooner Litchi comes on board the better.

Agreed. I had a show that needed me to do several matching hyperlapse shots day and night and Litchi was the only easy way to do it and get the right results.

Question for those who have been at this longer than I: How long after SDK release do third party apps start supporting a drone model?
Drone Deploy and Litchi generally gets testing on these quite quickly and release beta software for testing.

Reactions: Paint Rock Drones
Waypoints does NOT equal automated flight. We need support for DroneDeploy, Pix4D, etc. Litchi is fine, but it's not the solution most of us are looking for when talking about support for Waypoints. Also, another YTuber heard from DJI that waypoints will NOT be supported on the M2/M3 lines.

I agree that waypoints and automated flight are two different concepts, that can come combined though.
I do fear that DJI and other manufacturers will be advised -if not obliged- to make automated flight without continuous connection to the pilot impossible.
For me and others that is exactly what makes Litchi so useful: you start the flight and you just wait till your device lands again a few meters away from you 15, 20 or now 30 minutes later.
And you can repeat that exact same sequence every hour/day/week/month/year if you want which makes it very useful for following up changes in a piece of nature, a building project etc.

ok so what ia a sdk?
SDK=Software Development Kit. It publishes interfaces so that other people can write apps that connect to your software, which in this case is the DJI drone software. It needs to be updated for each model drone. And third party apps like DroneUp and Lychie can't work with a drone model until that model is supported by an SDK.

SDK=Software Development Kit. It publishes interfaces so that other people can write apps that connect to your software, which in this case is the DJI drone software. It needs to be updated for each model drone. And third party apps like DroneUp and Lychie can't work with a drone model until that model is supported by an SDK.
Thank you for the info about SDK, Looking to upgrade from my Mini 2 to either a Air2 or A2s. Not sure yet.

Reactions: Miketea
Thank you for the question and answer about 'what is SDK'. Is there a place here where those of us that are too busy to keep up with these abreviations to find out what people are talking about? It would be nice for a dedicated place.
TYVMFOWWTKM 'Thank You Very Much From One Who Wants To Know More'.

Thank you for the question and answer about 'what is SDK'. Is there a place here where those of us that are too busy to keep up with these abreviations to find out what people are talking about? It would be nice for a dedicated place.
TYVMFOWWTKM 'Thank You Very Much From One Who Wants To Know More'.
Not wanting to come across as sarcastic, but you could just put that question into Google?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU