DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Place(s) to launch in/near Bryson City, NC / GSMNP?

pbzpln

Reactions
I know I can't take off in the park. Anywhere really near Deep creek I could get a little footage from? Anywhere else in the area legal would be appreciated, seems like all state land is out in NC so its tricky.

Haven't been west yet since I got the Mavic, but headed that way this weekend. Remember though that even though you can't take off and land or operate (physically be in) in NPS managed properties, you can fly in National Forests, so you just need to check other airspace requirements. If you don't use the Airmap App, try using that as it really helps you a lot more than B4UFly in trying to determine where you can and can't operate.

Going to be in the area Sat -Wed, mostly tubing with my nieces. Coming back in a month for the total eclipse, hopefully with someone else into drones. Would like to get the railroad as well. Is your user name a clue to what you will be doing, I'm guessing?

Going this weekend up on the Yadkin River to do some paddling and packing the MP with me. It is a leisure trip so I should have plenty of time to do some flying.

I am headed down for the eclipse as well. Not taking the MP though as it is really going to be useless for taking eclipse video and pictures. I have plenty of other cameras that are more suited for that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11