DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goodbye DJI GO 4 - HELLO Litchi

Dan

Reactions
After posting early this AM about user experiences with Litchi, I went ahead and took the plunge and spent $22 on the iOS App (Current phone is iPhone 6plus w/ iOS 11 Beta 3). It has to be the best $22 I have spent with all the aggravation experienced with DJI Go 4.

1st thing I noticed is the preview video works, no jitters does not stutter or lag.

Here is an example from this afternoon, straight from the video cache (720p) that was saved to the iPhone while flying (High Res 2.7k still on the drone)

2nd thing was that after a few flights I never experienced any issue with Device CPU Fully Loaded, noir did the iPhone every get extremely warm as with the DJI Go 4. I would say it was just as warm when watching a youtube video

3rd thing - I switched back to the original DJI Cable the MicroUSB to the Lightning Cable (was using a regular USB to Lightning) and using the original cable has no issues with the screen going black while flying as what was happening regularly with DJI Go 4.

I know everyone has been screaming about the firmware upgrade and hacking to downgrade but I don't think its a firmware issue, it's their app that sucks.

Also Litchi is able too auto sync with Airdata UAV (Big Geek Info from your flight), a sense of security while flying (warm and fuzzy feelings) are to be experienced once again.

Sure the Litchi app at the moment is missing some features when it comes to monitoring the sensors and advanced calibration but this doesn't mean anything if you lose your Mavic because of a terrible app. I am wondering if some of the lost Mavic's have been beside operator error but DJI Go 4 error

Last edited:
Yes, DJI makes great hardware but their software department is just not able of delivering stable applications. It just sucks. And using the client base as beta testers should not be the way of doing business...

And just when you think things are finally working smoothly as they should, DJI issues another update, forcing you to start the whole charade of checking, testing and bug finding again...... They seem to have patent on breaking stuff that is working while adding features nobody is waiting for.

Reactions: D700
And then again there are people with more luck :)

I have been using DJI Go 4 app on iPhone and iPad since April, 131 active flights so far, upgraded DJI Go 4 and firmware each time and never had any problem. (cross my fingers)

Here are my stats:
Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 09.34.59.png

DJI Go 4 app also syncs with Airdata automatically, no HD Sync needed anymore :)

And then again there are people with more luck :)

I have been using DJI Go 4 app on iPhone and iPad since April, 131 active flights so far, upgraded DJI Go 4 and firmware each time and never had any problem. (cross my fingers)

Here are my stats:
View attachment 18095

DJI Go 4 app also syncs with Airdata automatically, no HD Sync needed anymore :)

Which version of the iOS are you running?

I was wondering if I still needed HD Sync, thanks

Hello Dan,
Sorry I did not see this question earlier, I used the DJI GO 4 app with pretty much all versions of iOS 10 and now I even baldly use the Public Beta of iOS 11 :)
And no, you do not need HD Sync anymore, the server from Airdata syncs automatically with uploaded DJI logs now.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 16.09.12.png

Last edited:
... with iOS Public beta 11 you can even record your iPhone/iPad screen without installing an extra software for this...
This is great, as you can integrate this in the main video if/when needed...

... with iOS Public beta 11 you can even record your iPhone/iPad screen without installing an extra software for this...

whats this iOS Public 11 you speak of ??

Sure the Litchi app at the moment is missing some features when it comes to monitoring the sensors and advanced calibration but this doesn't mean anything if you lose your Mavic because of a terrible app.

and What features are missing ? like the battery readout, direction?

I am thinking about going to Litchi but not 100% sure yet so trying to weigh my options. as for the GO4 app I have had no issues "YET" but I think I have seen more options with apps like Litchi such as true waypoints (not the crazy one with the GO4 app where you have to fly it first time ???why not just fly it anyhow lol ) and I think I saw something about you can create a 3D interactive photos with the Mavic using Litchi, and ect...

I've only had a few minor problems with DJI Go 4 on my iPad Air --- and the few I have had seem to have been fixed with updates.

Different experience when I want to fly with the Android version of Go 4 on my Galaxy S5. Constant app disconnects.

I've had Litchi on my iPad for a while, but today I bought it for Android and uninstalled DJI Go 4 from the Galaxy S5. Later this evening, after I get off work, I plan to fly some around downtown before going home. I look forward to seeing how Litchi does as my full-time FPV app when I'm using my phone.

Reactions: Bayu2
After posting early this AM about user experiences with Litchi, I went ahead and took the plunge and spent $22 on the iOS App (Current phone is iPhone 6plus w/ iOS 11 Beta 3). It has to be the best $22 I have spent with all the aggravation experienced with DJI Go 4.

Never had any problems with Go 4, upgrade every single time both Ipad and Go 4 and firmware. Not so with Go and my P3S i did have one error where it went backwards on me 1 time after a Go update.

Now Litchi first try.
Litchi camera going nuts on Mavic Pro. My first use of Litchi although had it awhile, bought it when it was $17. Everything is current ver Ipad, Mavic, Litchi and Go 4. My Ipad mini 4 is wifi only with little else installed on it, strictly for drone flying. And not old
Production week : -19- (May)
Production year : -2017-
Capacity: 128GB
Memory - maximum total: 2GB

1st battery Go 4 with video on testing things after replacing vibration board with bands no problems. no jello all good

2nd battery using Litchi and video on and flew out 400 feet high and about 1900 feet watching the screen and it looked like I got hit by something. started getting camera disconnect reconnect and it was all over the place. Your heart falls out of your chest at that point cause it looked like it was falling. I hit RTH button on RC and since I was in sport mode I poured the gas on and brought it back. Whole time kept saying connect reconnect and camera all over the place. Didn't notice that it had disabled video recording till I got back. No damage so wasn't hit

3rd battery was only 56% so I used Go 4 and raised it up 400 feet and moved around till it started getting low so brought it in. No problems there.

Log don't show anything at all. No errors

I am seeing that if you get out of range with Litchi in FPV this happens with the gimbal, not widespread enough to pinpoint it. I have been scouring google. Wish I had screen record on but didn't think about it. Litchi does have that where Go 4 don't yet. I see from above that IOS 11 will have it.

Almost afraid to try that again with Litchi since I am one have no problems with Go 4.

EDIT: Now have IOS 11 B4 so have the screen record if I try again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonewall
For $10 more, you could have Autopilot. Runs great on my iPhone 6S Plus (iOS 11B3) and iPad Pro iOS 10.3.3

1st thing I noticed is the preview video works, no jitters does not stutter or lag.

Here is an example from this afternoon, straight from the video cache (720p) that was saved to the iPhone while flying (High Res 2.7k still on the drone)

2nd thing was that after a few flights I never experienced any issue with Device CPU Fully Loaded, noir did the iPhone every get extremely warm as with the DJI Go 4. I would say it was just as warm when watching a youtube video

3rd thing - I switched back to the original DJI Cable the MicroUSB to the Lightning Cable (was using a regular USB to Lightning) and using the original cable has no issues with the screen going black while flying as what was happening regularly with DJI Go 4.

I know everyone has been screaming about the firmware upgrade and hacking to downgrade but I don't think its a firmware issue, it's their app that sucks.

Also Litchi is able too auto sync with Airdata UAV (Big Geek Info from your flight), a sense of security while flying (warm and fuzzy feelings) are to be experienced once again.

Sure the Litchi app at the moment is missing some features when it comes to monitoring the sensors and advanced calibration but this doesn't mean anything if you lose your Mavic because of a terrible app. I am wondering if some of the lost Mavic's have been beside operator error but DJI Go 4 error

Nice place to live...is that Corona?

Sorry to say but why are you using Litchi for this movie? You just go up and down?
Further, you need to try some color grading. Specially sky masking in a secondary story line. Now, your colors are changing due to the fact that you film behind a hill, climbed up and are in dusk.
Sunlight are not best friends if your filming

But that is just me

Note on 3rd party apps. If your Mavic is under warranty, DJI does not cover warranty claims if a 3rd party app is used. That's why I'm holding off on using these apps for awhile beyond the brief tests of Litchi I did.

Note on 3rd party apps. If your Mavic is under warranty, DJI does not cover warranty claims if a 3rd party app is used. That's why I'm holding off on using these apps for awhile beyond the brief tests of Litchi I did.
Not true. Not by far

Reactions: ratjr15

How are you able to record the screen like that? I’d like to show a video form that perspective with distance speed etc but not sure how

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke