DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Earth and Litchi Waypoint Mapping

GooterFly68

Reactions
Has/Does anyone use Google Earth to create their initial mapping using relative to the ground feature and then upload it to the Litchi Mission Hub?

I found this link yesterday, created a mission using Google Earth and then test flew the mission this afternoon and it worked flawlessly.

I’m just putting this out there to see if there are any best practices being used with these two applications.

Reactions: Vic14
U don’t need google earth anymore. If you use your pc to set your litchi mission there is an option that you can pick that says set height relative to the ground. I’ve tried it and it’s there

Reactions: GooterFly68
U don’t need google earth anymore. If you use your pc to set your litchi mission there is an option that you can pick that says set height relative to the ground. I’ve tried it and it’s there

Where is that? I know it's on the app itself but it has never been on the Mission Hub. If it's a new feature on the Mission Hub, I can't find it. And the Litchi website doesn't list any new features/updates since August.

That is true. However, keep in mind that only the WAY-POINTS are relative to ground when you set a 'relative to ground' height using the app. The path between them is NOT relative to ground, and you cannot see 3-d terrain in the app or in Mission Hub as you can in GE. If you are planning a flight to the other side of a hill and place a point on either side of it that has an elevation less than the height of the hill you may still crash. For this reason I still start and end my mission planning in GE, using Mission Hub and the app to make minor edits if needed.

Thanks...and yes, I found another YouTube video, a Part 2, that showed me how to do it right in the Litchi app...

Here you go my friend...

Unfortunately, that's not it. This person creates a mission in Mission Hub and then makes the RTG (relative-to-ground) adjustments in the app. I've been hoping for a change to Mission Hub to allow you to do this on your PC, not to have to take multiple steps and utilize the app to enact the feature.

Mission Hub is the primary reason I use Litchi more than any other app (including DJI Go, Autopilot, FPV, Drone Harmony, GS Pro). The ability to create complicated missions on a computer, save them, and then load them on any device to fly them in the field is the one feature that Litchi has over all others. Don't know why the other providers haven't figured this out yet. I just wish they would work on enhancing Mission Hub features to a) include at least all the features available on their app b) fix some small issues with bugs when utilizing the Hub, and c) go beyond what you can already do (like adding the capability to preview missions, etc).

Reactions: GooterFly68
Unfortunately, that's not it. This person creates a mission in Mission Hub and then makes the RTG (relative-to-ground) adjustments in the app. I've been hoping for a change to Mission Hub to allow you to do this on your PC, not to have to take multiple steps and utilize the app to enact the feature.

Mission Hub is the primary reason I use Litchi more than any other app (including DJI Go, Autopilot, FPV, Drone Harmony, GS Pro). The ability to create complicated missions on a computer, save them, and then load them on any device to fly them in the field is the one feature that Litchi has over all others. Don't know why the other providers haven't figured this out yet. I just wish they would work on enhancing Mission Hub features to a) include at least all the features available on their app b) fix some small issues with bugs when utilizing the Hub, and c) go beyond what you can already do (like adding the capability to preview missions, etc).

Totally agree with you, especially the ability to preview your newly created mission.

That is true. However, keep in mind that only the WAY-POINTS are relative to ground when you set a 'relative to ground' height using the app. The path between them is NOT relative to ground, and you cannot see 3-d terrain in the app or in Mission Hub as you can in GE. If you are planning a flight to the other side of a hill and place a point on either side of it that has an elevation less than the height of the hill you may still crash. For this reason I still start and end my mission planning in GE, using Mission Hub and the app to make minor edits if needed.

Good point. Will have to try the way you mentioned.

Has/Does anyone use Google Earth to create their initial mapping using relative to the ground feature and then upload it to the Litchi Mission Hub?

I found this link yesterday, created a mission using Google Earth and then test flew the mission this afternoon and it worked flawlessly.

I’m just putting this out there to see if there are any best practices being used with these two applications.

Nice, thanks for the info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61