DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Earth Integration & Epic Missions Through Dronelink - Could It Be A Separate Product???

dronelink

Reactions
Guys -

A few weeks ago, Dronelink released a hidden gem of a feature to export missions from Dronelink to Google Earth. Drop dead simple - and amazingly fun! We sat around one weekend just creating wild missions - both for possible flying (if we or a pilot would fly them) or just to view in Google Earth.

I know that Litchi also has Google Earth integration, but this is even more fun when built on top of the easy way to share/fork/modify existing missions and components as well as the ease of a mission comprised of multiple paths, orbits, etc. We've also added in some fun settings to have the camera / gimbal follow the PATH of the drone vs. staying level with the horizon. Gives you a "drone racing" effect (both in Google Earth and with live flight). We used this to create a mission for Niagara Falls where you can see what it's like to "go over the falls in a barrel".. Here's a Dronelink link to see that mission.

I had interest from people who don't even have a drone in using this! Think about products like Wander (on the Oculus) or Google Earth (VR, etc.). It simply allows you to explore crazy places and share what you're doing in 5 minutes. We're giving this some thought (basically a fully stripped down version of the product for Google Earth only). (and yes, Google earth import is on the feature request list too!)

I put together a quick video showing how easy it is to do this along with how to access some of the Epic Missions that we created..

Let us know what you think:

Thoughts?

Having a look at Dronelink now - even the free version is easy to work with and gives you a good idea of what to expect. maps are a little out of date but....

Reactions: dronelink
The google earth integration is great! I can totally see that this feature would be fun to use for non drone pilots as well.

love this feature. i've set up missions for places i've been but didn't have a drone lol (brazil, africa and amsterdam)

I can fly all over the world with dronelink and the google map interface! So fun... now back to business [emoji15]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake