DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Earth Pro Height Relative to Ground

Gecko10

Reactions
Does anyone know how to set Height (of waypoints) Relative to Ground in feet instead of meters. I have everything else set up with Imperial units except this. Changing units in the 3D viewer does not seem to effect this parameter. And yes, I tried to find out online to no avail.

You can't. The altitude tab of the placemark will always be in meters regardless of the elevation display units.

You can if you setup your waypoints using Litchi. This is a tutorial on how I setup my manual Hyperlapses using Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) and Google Earth.

Reactions: guigen and BD0G
You can't. The altitude tab of the placemark will always be in meters regardless of the elevation display units.
Thanks, that is what I figured. However, the conversion to feet is simple enough.

Yes, but then you are dealing with altitude relative to your take off point, not altitude relative to the elevation of your waypoint. I find the latter simpler and much easier to deal with.
Litchi added a relative to ground feature in the mission hub a long time ago. It's in the waypoint menu for individual waypoints, or you can batch select waypoints and move them all at once. It's still easier for me, though, to plan the elevations in Google Earth first, then tweak them in mission hub if needed. I usually virtually fly the mission with Namirdas software a few times first.

Great Video Tutorial! I knew most of these steps except the ability to record the VLM to a video file. So I picked up another tip. Thanks for posting!

One thing I cant find is how to take photos every 2 seconds. When I click the + sign and add Take Photo the box on the left that I would put the seconds into disallows me to set that . A red Circle with a line through it appears. Puzzling.

Last edited:
Litchi added a relative to ground feature in the mission hub a long time ago. It's in the waypoint menu for individual waypoints, or you can batch select waypoints and move them all at once. It's still easier for me, though, to plan the elevations in Google Earth first, then tweak them in mission hub if needed. I usually virtually fly the mission with Namirdas software a few times first.
Thanks. Misunderstood you at first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji