DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google pixel 3 compatible with Mavic 2/DJI Go 4?

As long the DJI Go 4 app is on the google play store you should have no problems. Just make sure you have a usb c cable!
That's what I would have thought - I've just been reading though that the latest version of Android (which is what the Pixel 3 ships with) isn't working with the DJI Go 4 app. No problem with the cable - I'm using USB-C with my Galaxy s8 already!

It does NOT work at the moment. I had to keep my pixel 2xl to fly til dji fixes their app.

Thanks - I am also considering the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and the Asus ROG phone. Currently it appears those are still running Android 8.1, so I guess the question I'm really wondering is if the problem is just with the Pixel 3 or with Android 9 in general.

In any case, DJI should be scrambling to fix this! Android 9 has been out for 3 months now, and DJI would have had access to the SDK for far longer than that.

I ended up getting the Galaxy Note 9 instead - found a really good trade in deal and got it for nearly 1/2 price. Couldn't wait since the deal ended today!

Reactions: dawgpilot
I don't know about Mavic 2, but it's working with my Mavic Air. My USB is a little wonky sometimes it wants to toggle back and forth between charging mode when I first plug it in, but if I wait a bit it works.IMG_20181115_153551.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I took a hard look at my weird USB issues and realized that while the phone was doing the battery loop I could go into USB preferences, set the "USB controlled by" setting to "Connected device" and the loop would start and I'd instantly be offered to open the DJI Go app. I also verified this works with Litchi if anyone is interested.

Just got a Pixel 3 and naively thinking that since DJI GO 4 works on my wife's Pixel 2 that all be well on my Pixel 3. NO. I found that all seem to be going fine with my Mavic Pro until I started to take a video. DJI GO 4 just disappeared! The Video button seemed to be the only problem.
Well, Litchi works (so far I think).

Just got a Pixel 3 and naively thinking that since DJI GO 4 works on my wife's Pixel 2 that all be well on my Pixel 3. NO. I found that all seem to be going fine with my Mavic Pro until I started to take a video. DJI GO 4 just disappeared! The Video button seemed to be the only problem.
Well, Litchi works (so far I think).

What Android do you have on it? GO 4 doesn't work with Android 10 yet. I just updated my Pixel 2XL to 10 and the app just crashes. Fortunately, I don't need to use my phone to fly.

DJI GO 4 crashes on my Pixel 3 XL when recording a video also. Disabling 'Record Audio with Video Cache' in General Settings resolves the problem.

I see now why I have no problems with Litchi. Litchi doesn't record to cache on the phone so the problem is avoided. This caching on DJI GO was the reason I avoided Litchi but now, as far as I am concerned, Litchi is at least equal if not better than DJI GO 4.

At the least, you have pointed the DJI support geeks where the problem exists. Should be fixed soon (you would think)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu