DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goose deterant.

Maddox24

Reactions
This may be a shot in the dark but... At my work place we have a few lakes that throughout the years there’s been an ongoing battle to keep geese out of our lakes and properties.
It’s mind blowing as to how much goose poop and traffic backups, especially in the mornings when residents are trying to go to work or drop kids off at schools, these guys cause.
Primarily our lakes. We have tried a number of deterants. Bottle rockets, dogs, grass tainting with taste etc.
My thought was, a solar powered self activated drone that would activate with movement. Parameters could be set as to distance itself but yet get close enough to scare these **** monsters off from our lakes and properties.
Thoughts/ ideas are welcomed.

Mavic Pro Platinum.

Never heard anyone on Earth ever describe Geese as monsters, do they have big teeth?

If it is close enough to scare a goose it is close enough to get taken out by a goose. Geese can be aggressive especially in mating season so I can see your drone getting attacked. Then you will probably get attacked again by some animal rights group for potentially injuring a goose.

I do sympathize with you as it can be a big problem. My parents used to live in a very nice development with ponds and walk-ways around them that were un-usable due to all the goose crap on them. It got so bad in my area that it was deemed a health hazard that allowed for trapping to thin them out.

Good luck with that, they’ll get used to it and or take it out. Also some obvious FAA regs to iron out; PIC, VLOS, etc. its a good idea though, no take involved. Tethered drones would be a good possibility.

Last edited:
My community strings fishing line across the pond. The line is about 2 feet above the water and is repeated about every 10-15 feet. No idea how the geese can sense these almost invisible lines, but they do keep the geese away.

My community strings fishing line across the pond. The line is about 2 feet above the water and is repeated about every 10-15 feet. No idea how the geese can sense these almost invisible lines, but they do keep the geese away.

Some maintenance guy is probably picking up the bodies each morning. I know they can be an issue, but killing them will only get the administration of the lake in trouble.

This may be a shot in the dark but... At my work place we have a few lakes that throughout the years there’s been an ongoing battle to keep geese out of our lakes and properties.
It’s mind blowing as to how much goose poop and traffic backups, especially in the mornings when residents are trying to go to work or drop kids off at schools, these guys cause.
Primarily our lakes. We have tried a number of deterants. Bottle rockets, dogs, grass tainting with taste etc.
My thought was, a solar powered self activated drone that would activate with movement. Parameters could be set as to distance itself but yet get close enough to scare these **** monsters off from our lakes and properties.
Thoughts/ ideas are welcomed.

Mavic Pro Platinum.
This isn't a drone solution IMO. Geese will attack the drone. I've heard of people using either real or decoy trumpeter swans to do this instead. I think the swans and geese don't get along and the swans scare off the geese. I'm no expert, but it may be something to research.

Reactions: AMann
One of my local golf courses has cutouts of foxes and also of geese with their necks at an unnatural angle seems to keep them away.
Cheers

I live by a green but dry creek bed that 100's of Canadian Honkers like to visit each year. I fly my Mavic pro 1 over, around and down with them and it doesn't scare them at all. Sometimes when I fly about 200' above them, the whole bunch of them will get up and fly to a near by pond. After that, it doesn't bother them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair