DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got a email from Dji offering me a another year of refresh for 79.00. Have to decide by May 31-2018

superdave5050

Reactions
Surprised by a offer for another year of refresh. My drone has never been crashed but has always and compass warnings. I could get it (refresh) and send it off and get most likely a refurbished in return. Or have Thunderdrones check it out for could be same and get my own bird back.
What’s your thoughts guys ?

Strange... I asked them and they said no in February 2018. Have they had a rethink on policy?
I haven’t crashed apart from reversing into trees and not enough to even break a prop. Maybe I should call again. I must admit last time I called there was a bit of an Asian language problem for me.

I would probably take out another policy.

I got the email too. Seems like it extends for another year, and your current one must have at least 1 replacement left. So if you crash before the original first year is up, is the Refresh+ useful.

DJI Care Refresh + does the following:
  • Extends the time you can get a replacement from one year to two years
  • Adds an additional replacement (three replacements total)
  • Extends the DJI warranty from one year to two years
This article include some more information:
DJI Care Refresh + Extend Your Product’s Coverage and Warranty

Reactions: Akoztha and RayOZ
I got the refresh, but also got a policy through my insurance company (State farms) might not have got the refresh if I knew about insurance deal first.

State farm policy $30 a year, covers full price of drone in my case magic air 799.00. also covers accidents, lost (fly away), and theft with no deductible. Plus can just keep renewing year to year.

Reactions: Bdubbs and dewster
It’s just getting a refurbished drone back that bothers me. Seems many here on the forum haven’t had the best of luck with the refurbished.
I understand the major crash scenario where it’s a win win but everything else works fine on my bird.

Strange... I asked them and they said no in February 2018. Have they had a rethink on policy?
I haven’t crashed apart from reversing into trees and not enough to even break a prop. Maybe I should call again. I must admit last time I called there was a bit of an Asian language problem for me.

I would probably take out another policy.

Found that I got the email. The link is also currently available from the DJI GO 4 App. (Go to “Me” near Equipment, Editor, Skypixel > DJI Store.
This information is displayed:

Special Offer: From5/3~5/31, DJI Care Refresh + can be purchased if your drone is still normally functioning, even if DJI Care Refresh has expired. Before purchase, contact DJI Support on Facebook Messenger to verify your aircraft online. After DJI Care Refresh + is purchased ,the service will take effect automatically.

Has anyone done the Facebook Messenger verify?
If so what happens?

(I’m guessing a live video link to inspect unit before you get the insurance)

Found that I got the email. The link is also currently available from the DJI GO 4 App. (Go to “Me” near Equipment, Editor, Skypixel > DJI Store.
This information is displayed:

Special Offer: From5/3~5/31, DJI Care Refresh + can be purchased if your drone is still normally functioning, even if DJI Care Refresh has expired. Before purchase, contact DJI Support on Facebook Messenger to verify your aircraft online. After DJI Care Refresh + is purchased ,the service will take effect automatically.

Has anyone done the Facebook Messenger verify?
If so what happens?

(I’m guessing a live video link to inspect unit before you get the insurance)

The Facebook live messenger requirement turned me off. I know they want to verify a working drone before insuring, but privacy has been taking a hit lately. I’d rather go with State Farm for insurance.

I was surprised that DJI offered an extension on the warranty since Mavic Pro 2 is on the horizon. Maybe they anticipate shortage of supply on the new craft or maybe DJI wants to encourage continued flight to evaluate product reliability.

The Facebook live messenger requirement turned me off. I know they want to verify a working drone before insuring, but privacy has been taking a hit lately. I’d rather go with State Farm for insurance.

I agree with your Messenger comments, but I don’t think the State Farm product is available in Australia.

Does anyone else find it extremely upsetting and unfair that only certain customers were notified about the new DJI Care Refresh +? I was never notified about the extended service plan and I'm signed up to receive such emails. Since my Care Refresh just expired on April 20th, I emailed them to ask if they would make an exception considering the fact they didn't make any public announcement about it and seems like they gave other customers priority. My Mavic was never crashed and it's in excellent condition, I could prove it to them. Here's their response:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Care Customer Support.

Please understand that there won't be any extension for the submission of the video verification. Once the deadline is already up, the system will automatically disable our tool to allow the customer with expired DJI Care Refresh, to purchase the new plan online and we can no longer do anything about it anymore.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Should there be further question, please feel free to reply to this email.

Last edited:
DJI Care Refresh + does the following:
  • Extends the time you can get a replacement from one year to two years
  • Adds an additional replacement (three replacements total)
  • Extends the DJI warranty from one year to two years
This article include some more information:
DJI Care Refresh + Extend Your Product’s Coverage and Warranty
I read the link and a little confused.
I for example just purchased the MPP last month and within 48 hrs purchased the refresh care. We’re they saying in the link I could have purchased the refresh care “plus” between May 3rd - 31st and it would take affect in 12 months after my original refresh care expired (basically giving me 24 months of coverage?)

Ok, so I missed the deadline it appears?
You can buy DJI Care Refresh + from DJI here anytime between now and the last day your DJI Care Refresh plan is active. That time frame was just for those people who had a DJI Care Refresh plan that already expired.

Thank you sir

I sent my verification video- approved and ok, but the Care Refresh purchase screen rejected my serial numbers. After dozens of communications before and after then I still don’t have it. Last answer was I may have been using the wrong browser, but in any case it had to be escalated to support. I am yet to hear.
To make things more interesting I was in the outback away from all internet connection. (I did have a few chances via special trips to a business, but alas it was outside support hours of North America! So the automated responses asked me to try again within those times. One time I did make contact shortly before closing time and of course the system cut of off!) I did advise them in advance that I would be unable to communicate about expiry time.
One of my big problems was that they wanted a link to my verification video that initially sent via Dropbox.
A support person saw my verification video from the Dropbox link, I thought success!
BUT later with some language difficulties I learned the DJI process decided to only use YouTube. After getting through all the Google account login stuff verification video link was achieved ok.
Now, back to the beginning- my serial number is still not acceptable. [emoji51]
I will contact support about the result of my escalation........
Watch this space. lol

I got a one day warning of expiration in an email last week. Had an issue with the site while ordering, by the time they answered my email, they told me it was too late.

Happy with my Mavic, very disappointed with service so far. Too busy and tired to even try to talk to them after the robotic answer that I received.

Good drone company, bad insurance company.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S