DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got the New Low-Noise Props? Have you found the same?

Ikopta

Reactions
So got the Low-Noise props to put on the Mavic pro.
Got a couple of issues, have you found the same?

Popping out when folded?

watched your vid a few minutes ago by chance.

not got them yet, probably will.
I always found the old ones liked to pop out, I normally fold them between the feet.
may get a band to hold them in place sometime.

Reactions: Savageinit
Hi Dylan.
This might get a bit annoying as I wouldn't want to have to resort to removing the props each time.
Been thinking whether these are worth it too but is there any need to update to latest FW to use these new props on the standard Mavic do you think?
Reason I ask is I have only had my Mavic for a short while and haven't updated from .400 (out of the box) because of so many reported various issues with later versions. I'm not too bothered with the additional features on later updates and mine is working flawlessly.
Does the newer FW do anything to adjust the motors speed controls on the standard Mavic that the older FW perhaps wouldn't?
Might the new props put more strain on the older motors without FW update to latest?
Whaddayathink?

I'm in Somerset so suffering with storm Harry too[emoji21]
Great vid as ever on you tube. Keep up the good work. Great channel BTW.
[emoji110]

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Storm Brian not Harry BTW.
I did watch your vid. Honest.....

Are the new props really that much quieter, and why would you really need them? It's not like you're firing up a Harley. Plus, once you're about 100 feet away, any noise is negligible. I actually like the originals as far as locating the Mavic if I've lost sight of it.

Are the new props really that much quieter, and why would you really need them?
There are about 7,000 threads around here answering those questions.

Plus, once you're about 100 feet away, any noise is negligible.
It's not about whether you can hear the Mavic, it's whether it's bothering other people who may not like it.

Yeah, I figured. I tend to go places where people aren't around anyway. They generally don't like them.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I took off the raised lettering (very minor) from the props using emery board and 400 grit with water. I will have to take the untampered for a spin when weather is good again, but the one day I got to fly off 2 batts the sound off my MPP was incredible. I never heard the original MP but this in sport mode from maybe 20ft sounded like a jet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580