DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got the Titan Atlas boosted antenna system today!!!!

diveinstructor

Reactions
Cant say enough good things about Jake over at Titian! SUCH and great help! Super fast on emails and very smooth with everything so far! The packing of this system is very professional!

So I live on a very small island here in Indonesia and im surrounded buy trees, wires, wifi and so much other things that I can only get out to around 500m to 600m when im above land. Over the open ocean I can get well over 2k away. Have not tried further then that because the winds can get nasty here...

So I invested in the titan atlas booted antenna system.

Tomorrow I will do a screen recording of a normal flight with the standard antenna system, then I will mod the RC and try to do the same flight path. Ill screen record the mod flight also.

Hopefully I get some more range out of my mavic :)

Here are pictures of the system and package. Everything is shrink wrapped and very nice!!!

Stand by for flight results :)

IMG_1679.JPG IMG_1681.JPG

I don’t understand part of the thread title “Look here!”. It’s looks like an eBay post trying to get my attention for a sale. Please explain.
Believe me its not for sale haha it located in Indonesia and took me weeks to get. Im just posting this because some people were looking for video proof that this system helps with range. Videos will be posted very soon. I removed the "LOOK HERE" Sorry for the confusion

Reactions: Birdbirdman
Ok so I did my test run with my stock antennas 75m up and about 326 m out is where I started to loose connection the the AC. Ive tried in the part to go higher, 100 m and even 200m but still around 300 ish m out I have always started to loose signal.

I did the Titan Atlas mod to my RC "very easy to do BTW, the video on their site explains everything very well"

I did the 2nd test run with as close conditions as I could and I got out to 680 ish m at 75 m high!

So the Titan Atlas boosted antenna system gave double what I had before!!!!!

I know you guys are going to say 600 m is not far at all but in my case there is so many trees, so many wifi signals and ele wires its crazy

Next test will be over open ocean when before I always got very good distance with the stock antenna.

Cant wait to test the boosted system over the ocean!

Not going to do it today, strong winds pushing away from the island i live on and I never fly when the wind is like that. I have heard to many horror stories how peoples drones did not have the power to make it back home against the wind then went swimming...

Anyways I must say Im very happy with the titan atlas system and the guys over there that helped me!

Thanks a ton!!!!!!

Ok so I did my test run with my stock antennas 75m up and about 326 m out is where I started to loose connection the the AC. Ive tried in the part to go higher, 100 m and even 200m but still around 300 ish m out I have always started to loose signal.

I did the Titan Atlas mod to my RC "very easy to do BTW, the video on their site explains everything very well"

I did the 2nd test run with as close conditions as I could and I got out to 680 ish m at 75 m high!

So the Titan Atlas boosted antenna system gave double what I had before!!!!!

I know you guys are going to say 600 m is not far at all but in my case there is so many trees, so many wifi signals and ele wires its crazy

Next test will be over open ocean when before I always got very good distance with the stock antenna.

Cant wait to test the boosted system over the ocean!

Not going to do it today, strong winds pushing away from the island i live on and I never fly when the wind is like that. I have heard to many horror stories how peoples drones did not have the power to make it back home against the wind then went swimming...

Anyways I must say Im very happy with the titan atlas system and the guys over there that helped me!

Thanks a ton!!!!!!

Can you use the booster without the antennas or do they need to be attached all the time?
Also how heavy is it?
Thanks! :)

Reactions: diveinstructor
Can you use the booster without the antennas or do they need to be attached all the time?
Also how heavy is it?
Thanks! :)
Yes100% can remove the booster and just use the antennas, works great. Its a bit heavy but the ipad mini balances it out. I believe its the same weight as the titan cyclone? For where I live and because of all the interference this atlas setup is working perfect for me :) Ill shoot some pictures and post them here in a few min.

Why did you choose this Atlas over the Cyclone unit? I am interested in one or the other and trying to decide which is best.

Cool name by the way, as I am also a diving instructor and fly in similar conditions to you when on dive trips.

Why did you choose this Atlas over the Cyclone unit? I am interested in one or the other and trying to decide which is best.

Cool name by the way, as I am also a diving instructor and fly in similar conditions to you when on dive trips.
Because of my location Jake over at Titan said the atlas would better fit for what im doing. I was looking at the cyclone at first then when I explain where I live and whats around me he said the atlas would better suit me. Ya cool with you also bud! Haha I run and own a dive center here on the gili islands Indonesia.

Walter???

Reactions: diveinstructor
Cant say enough good things about Jake over at Titian! SUCH and great help! Super fast on emails and very smooth with everything so far! The packing of this system is very professional!

So I live on a very small island here in Indonesia and im surrounded buy trees, wires, wifi and so much other things that I can only get out to around 500m to 600m when im above land. Over the open ocean I can get well over 2k away. Have not tried further then that because the winds can get nasty here...

So I invested in the titan atlas booted antenna system.

Tomorrow I will do a screen recording of a normal flight with the standard antenna system, then I will mod the RC and try to do the same flight path. Ill screen record the mod flight also.

Hopefully I get some more range out of my mavic :)

Here are pictures of the system and package. Everything is shrink wrapped and very nice!!!

Stand by for flight results :)

View attachment 23251 View attachment 23252

I concur. Just received my Atlas over the weekend and it is a quality built piece of equipment. Service over at Titan is also a whole bunch of awesomeness. Very helpful and directed me to the right product based upon my needs. They even steered me away from their more expensive unit because the Atlas was the right unit for my application. My only regret is not finding Titan before installing the DW POS. Waste of money there.

I recently purchased a Cyclone Antenna by Titan Drones from maxxuav. After the installation I was having issue with not being able to get a signal greater than 75% without being right on top of the mavic. I called James with Titan Drones. Let me tell you tell you about the "Service" I received.
Upon explaining to James where I got the antenna and what the issue I was having with the connection. He asked a few simple troubleshooting questions, and here is the part that shocked me.. He then asked "Do you have any jobs that you need it for? I would be more than willing to get in my car and bring you another one" Now I only live about an hour away, but come on.. Most business would have said "well were open till 5" or what ever. Not James. I told him I did not need it that bad and that I had several remotes to use. He sent me another antenna "Next Day" I was still experiencing the same issues.
Long story short.. Ended up being the controller. I upgraded another controller I had, and it works like a champ. I can not say enough about the quality of product, or the customer service that Titan Drones offers.

I recently purchased a Cyclone Antenna by Titan Drones from maxxuav. After the installation I was having issue with not being able to get a signal greater than 75% without being right on top of the mavic. I called James with Titan Drones. Let me tell you tell you about the "Service" I received.
Upon explaining to James where I got the antenna and what the issue I was having with the connection. He asked a few simple troubleshooting questions, and here is the part that shocked me.. He then asked "Do you have any jobs that you need it for? I would be more than willing to get in my car and bring you another one" Now I only live about an hour away, but come on.. Most business would have said "well were open till 5" or what ever. Not James. I told him I did not need it that bad and that I had several remotes to use. He sent me another antenna "Next Day" I was still experiencing the same issues.
Long story short.. Ended up being the controller. I upgraded another controller I had, and it works like a champ. I can not say enough about the quality of product, or the customer service that Titan Drones offers.
That's awesome you can't find customer service like that anymore

Thanks for sharing your experience. As a new Titan Atlas owner, it makes me feel real good about my purchasing decision. James was the guy who helped me and he certainly does have great customer service skills.

Reactions: WAXMAN and SkyNinja
Titan drones has excellent customer service, I own a couple of their products. During the summer I had a family reunion Orlando Florida so I drop by tighten drones headquarters unannounced and James drop what he was doing and gave me a full tour of the place and answered all of my questions.

Reactions: WAXMAN and JManges

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty